- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
14. Job Title: Generator technician
Reports to: Workshop foreman .
• Conduct preventive maintenance on equipment and tools
• Diagnose and repair diesel power generators for shut down and no start conditions along with the necessary paper work.
• Maintain and repair diesel power generators and associated components such as cooling system, fuel system and lubrication.
• Maintain records, logs, files and other technical information
• Maintain the generators clean and carry out routine checks.
• Ensure healthy and safety procedures are strictly adhered to by ensuring use of PPE, housekeeping, etc.
• Prepare service reports for the maintenance works done on the genset.
• Prepare commissioning reports for new site installations.
• Start, ramp up and ramp down generators as requested by the user.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Minimum of diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering.
• Relevant 5 years' experience in diagnosing diesel and petrol generator engines and other mechanical system malfunctions.
• Sound knowledge of generators, electrical systems both single and three phase
Job Education Requirements: diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
An email alert was shared with subscribers on 20th February 2020. You can view it here if you missed it. Alerts make it easier to search for jobs. Many times the alert goes into your Gmail Promotions Tab instead of the Primary Tab, so make sure you check the Promotions Tab every Tuesday and Thursday.
If you want it to always appear in the Primary Tab, you can follow these 4 quick steps on your phone:
On Desktop or Computer, just hold down the email using the left click button and drag it to the Primary Tab.