- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Governance Lead USAID ICAN
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Governance Lead USAID ICAN
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Travel Domestic up to 50%
USAID ICAN USANDI's Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition Activity (ICAN)IS USAID/Uganda's flagship resilience project, awarded in July 2018. The Activity goal is to enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in the eight districts of Kanungu, Kisoro, Rukungiri (Kigust sub-region), Gulu, Lamwo, Nwoya (Acholi sub-region): Kaabong and Kotido (Karamoja sub-region).In Karamoja region.
The Governance Technical Lead is responsible for provision of technical solutions on the USAID ICAN whilst assisting other employees especially the regional teams to overcome any governance related technical challenges.
This role provides technical feedback and Impact to Internal the Activity team. .
Roles and Responsibilities
• Makes smart recommendations on how to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and implementation of Activities.
• Recognize opportunities for improvement, communicate them persuasively to management and partners for adoption.
• Provide deep specialist guidance and support in the area of local governance and community engagement, e.g. governance training manual content development, design of governance intervention models and engagements with partners.
• Participates in the development of and/or review of program quality assurance standards, and methods of working in local governance and community engagement.
• Participates in reviews of deliverables/achievements; carry out formal and informal checks on the quality of implementation and documentation.
• Take lead in soliciting for MEL data relevant to the sub purpose area and lead evidence based programmatic discussions in the sub purpose aimed at improving achievements in all regions of ICAN work.
• Provide thought leadership in development of annual work plan, quarterly report and monthly sector updates for the respective sector • Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other USAID implementing partners.
• Identity and manage effective relationships with private sector/public partners within the area of local governance and community engagement
• Facilitate coordination with USG and other stakeholders to explore opportunities for leverage and synergies that catalyze the Activity key performance indicators.
• Take leadership in identification of learning opportunities for the regional teams based on gaps realized from the day to day implementation. This shall among others include provision of on job mentorship and coaching.
• Document lessons learnt and practice materials for publicity/sharing with other stakeholders.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences or other relevant field. Master's degree in the area of governance shall be of added advantage
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management and local governance
• Demonstrated on job experience supporting rural communities enhance capacities in local governance and engagement .
• Demonstrated high-level technical, analytical, interpersonal skills and ability to meet tight deadlines with logical analyses and clear presentation.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply. Please apply online through Abt website Job link below not later than March 20* 2020. https://career4.successfactors.com/stcareer/jobregcareer?jobid=64522&company-AbtPROD&username=
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.