Grants and Compliance Officer
Jobs at:National Forum of People Living With HIV/AIDS Networks Uganda (NAFOPHANU)
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Who we are:
NAFOPHANU is a nonprofit making Non-Governmental Organization with a country wide mandate to provide systematic and all inclusive coordination structure for People Living with HIV (PLHIV) networks, associations and support groups in Uganda.
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Officer.
No of Vacancy: 01
Terms: Contract basis based on performance
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Job purpose : The job is responsible for providing effective leadership in financial, grant, audit and programme management as per policy manuals and procedures and in line with donor requirements.
Minimum academic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in business related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance,) or other relevant field.
• Full accounting professional qualification - Chartered/Certified Accountant (CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification.
Skills and competences
• A minimum of three years’ experience in a Non-Government Organization and handling donor funds.
• Sufficient knowledge of accounting and book keeping and high financial analytical skills
• Working knowledge of computerized accounting and other computer application packages
• Good interpersonal skills to be able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
• Attention to detail to be able to scrutinize financial and other information documents before decision making
• Planning and organizing ability to be able to accomplish tasks, file and retrieve information
• Effective communication both oral and written
• Ability to produce and analyze reports
• Strong report writing skills
• EXERCISE HIGH LEVEL OF INTEGRITY.
Job descriptions and Responsibilities:
• Compile and manage Office Budget;
• Ensure timely submission of Monthly, quarterly and Annual Financial Reports
• Ensure maintenance of proper books of accounts
• Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures
• Ensure internal control system is functional
• Receive and assess Financial reports from Partners and ensure compliance with the Grant Agreement and PME handbook requirements
• Receive and assess audited financial statements including Management letter from Partners and ensure compliance with Financial and Human Resources Handbook requirements
• Follow up on issues raised by auditors in the Management Letter from Partners to ensure resolution
• Ensure Disbursement Receipts, Financial reports, Completed assessment Tools and audited financial statements are uploaded.
• Manage the audit assignment
• Submit reports in respect of Management and statutory audits
• Submit audited financial statements as per the required deadlines
• Upload the audit reports and management letters.
Participate in developing activity plans with evidence-based approaches to reach community with HIV/TB prevention interventions and linkage to Care and Treatment. Prepare and submit Quarterly program reports
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates can submit their application to email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Position applied for or can be hand delivered to NAFOPHANU head office located at Plot 213 Sentema Road, Mengo
Deadline for Submission: 22 October, 2021
People Living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.