Jobs at:Cardno International Development (ID)
Deadline of this Job:
25 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cardno International Development (ID) manages a number of donor-funded programs throughout the world and engages in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact. Cardno has implemented more than 120 projects in Uganda.
The Grants Specialist will be responsible for developing funding solicitations and managing the financial aspects of grant under contracts awards, including, managing grant solicitation processes including writing project descriptions and performance measures and evaluating applicants, monitoring grant spending and performance compliance, preparing analyses and reports, and working with other departments, community groups, and organizations. The Grants Specialist will provide ongoing monitoring and supervision for grantees in implementation and support the grant closeout process in line with Cardno and USAID regulations.
• Support the design and review of the grants manual for the Activity.
• Support the Director of Finance, Grants and Operations in implementing and ensuring full compliance with the USAID-approved Grants Manual.
• Facilitate the grant solicitation and grantee evaluation and selection process with guidance and approvals from Cardno HO.
• Manage and administer Activity grants to eligible private or civil society organizations (CSOs) as approved by Cardno Home Office (HO) and the COP.
• Support staff training in grants management and administration as per the approved grants manual.
• Maintain up-to-date administrative and financial tracking of all Activity issued out grants.
• Maintain all grant-related information to ensure that the files maintain confidentiality as applicable, are compliant, up to date, and maintained in line with grants audit systems.
• Organize and participate in periodic grant utilization reviews, capture lessons learned and provide feedback to the technical team.
• Receive quarterly (at minimum) technical, monitoring, and financial reports from grantees and distribute them to appropriate staff for review. As applicable, support technical teams to review grantee financial reports and ensure that the documents presented are in line with accounting principles.
• Support forecasting for grantees and funds disbursement processes
• Review financial reports, invoices, and all financial information from grantees to ensure compliance to USAID, Cardno policies, and grant agreement.
• Organize and participate in site visits to grantees by both the technical and finance teams to ensure technical reports are in full compliance with the grant’s terms and conditions.
• Facilitate regular communication with grantees and maintain corporate partnerships between the program grantees and other stakeholders
• Review quarterly reports for the achievement of milestones, burn-rate, compliance with applicable USAID regulations.
• Guide the grantees in developing performance improvement plans and monitor progress.
• Serve as a resource for grantees on questions about the achievement of milestones and compliance regulations.
• Monitor grantees awarded including agreeing to appropriate outcomes and reporting regimes.
• Orient grantees on USAID grants compliance regulations
• Support technical teams in planning for partner on-boarding / recruitment.
• Plan, execute, and ensure the closeout process is carried out in a manner that meets Cardno and USAID closeout requirements
• University degree in administration, business, economics, accounting, or similar field.
• Minimum of five years’ experience supporting grants management with public and private sector entities; prior experience managing USAID-funded grants mechanisms is strongly preferred.
• Must be a Ugandan citizen.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Previous experience in delivering a grants function targeting public and private sector entities.
• Strong understanding of USAID grants management standards, policies and procedures
• Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen, and respect for colleagues.
• Good ethical and unquestionable level of integrity
Estimated Period of Performance:
The opening is a full-time position and will require staff time of 40 hours a week.
This is a long-term position and is based in Kampala, Uganda with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The Operations Specialist will report to Director of Finance, Grants, & Operations
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.