- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
GSU Finance Officer
Deadline of this Job:
27 March 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: GSU Finance Officer.
Organization: Johanniter – Unfall- Hilfe e.V/ Johanniter International Assistance.
Johanniter –Unfall-Hilfe e.V is a German Christian Non-Governmental Organization, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service progammes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany.
Johanniter International Assistance is the department for development co-operation and Emergency assistance, implementing and supporting mostly health projects world-wide. (www.thejohanniter.de)
In Africa, Johanniter International Assistance implements programmes currently through its offices in South Sudan, DR Congo, Kenya-Djibouti, Mozambique and Uganda. Our strategic objectives are to contribute to a life in dignity in humanitarian crisis or immediately after disasters as well as to build resilience of vulnerable people and communities to minimize risk exposure and to enable them to prevent and respond to the effects of crisis such as armed conflict, natural disasters and climate change. Programmes are mainly focusing on Primary Health Care, including wash and Nutrition, and Food Security/: livelihoods
Job Location: Country office, Global Support Unit (GSU)-Kampala Uganda
Application Deadline: Friday 27th March, 2020.
Contract Duration: 12 Months.
Job Responsibility and Accountabilities.
Overall job purpose
To work with the GSU Finance Manager in providing support to all Johanniter Country Offices in terms of
voucher verification, donor compliance as well as adherence to Johanniter procedures and regulations.
Reporting to: GSU Finance Manager.
Receives technical advice from: Head of GSU and Global Finance Manager
Gives technical advice to: Country Office finance staff
Standing in for: GSU Finance Manager and other GSU Finance officer
Replaced by: GSU Finance Manager and other GSU Finance Officer.
• Review monthly closing checklists, with reconciliations prepared by each country office to ensure completeness.
• Control booking against budget for every country and propose correction when required.
• On the monthly basis, control quality of vouchers uploaded on share point /drop box, and propose corrections/amendment, whenever required.
• Support GSU Finance Manager in controlling of all aspect of statutory accounting and reporting across the globe.
• Review all booking lists against vouchers on monthly basis, ensuring expenditures are booked un-der their respective budgets, and propose corrections/amendment whenever required.
• Participate in maintaining quality in all aspects of Johanniter Financial Management.
• On monthly basis, regularly update voucher checking progress document and quality progress of all country offices.
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent attention to detail at all times.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Good analytical and reporting skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Experience in multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge of French or Spanish language.
Professional Qualification and Experience:
• Qualification in Accounting, Finances or Business Administration from recognized university
• Minimum of 2 years of accountancy experience, with at least 1 year at internal control or Audit.
• Knowledge of accounting software.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working preferably with International NGOs or project development
• Experience of donor’s financial reporting requirements
• Experience of German donors
• Knowledge of Sun Systems Accountant software
• Good knowledge of procurement procedures
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please note: This Job Description is dynamic and can be adapted. The employee is obliged, apart from the above cited tasks, to fulfil - on demand by his/her supervisor – other tasks that belong by its character to his post or are necessary due to operational needs.
It is the employee’s responsibility to safeguard those who are in contact with our organisa-tion and to exemplify the highest standard of ethical behaviour regardless of the race, reli-gious belief or nationality. This includes the employee’s responsibility to promote appropri-ate behaviours and to report any inappropriate behaviour that could potentially harm those in our organisation’s care and that could damage the reputation of Johanniter.
Please note that this is a local position for Ugandan nationals or foreigners with a work permit.
Applicants should include a cover letter and detailed CV address to Head of GSU Johanniter International Assistance, Lubbobo Close, Plot no 4463, block 244 Kisugu Muyenga. All appli-cations to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March, 27th 2020 Only electronic applications will be considered and short- listed candidates only will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.