Head of Finance and Administration (Mid-level)
Jobs at:Sawa World
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Sawa World is a not-for-profit organization that uses an innovative approach to instantly transform the lives of unemployed and marginalized youth by giving them the skills to start micro-businesses in a short period with locally created and simple solutions to self-employment.
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, problem solving, organized Head of Finance and Administration that will manage the accounting operations and act as an advisor to the Country Director. This individual will be responsible for conducting, managing, and supervising all accounting tasks while ensuring that organizational resources are used in the most cost-effective manner.
Additionally, they will oversee general administration and report directly to the Head of Programs .
Responsibilities and tasks
When called upon, the candidate will be required on the following:
Financial management and coordination
• Conduct monthly reconciliations of all income and expenses and report these to the main offices
• Submitting specific financial reports to donors and funders
• Setting up and processing payroll and submit the required deductions and managing other payments
• Submit monthly income tax filing and other needed reporting
• Preparing and monitoring budgets for projects on an annual, monthly, and quarterly basis. Advice on budget status to Country Director
• Preparing monthly financial statements and submitting working papers for consolidation as requested by the Canadian Head office.
• Keeping a highly organized filing system of all accurate records of all deposits and expenditures to, from, and within Sawa World
• Communicate with different teams to oversee the timely submission of monthly budget forecasts and preparation of monthly planned expenditures.
• Working to ensure that all accounting procedures are followed correctly and that guidelines are kept current
• Manage the monthly and year ending audit processing
• Giving recommendations to improve the accounting systems on an ongoing basis.
• Maintain strong working relationships with banks, auditors, and other financial partners
General administration and IT
• Maintaining and updating the organization’s financial manual in consultation with other key accounting team members
• Help the Country Director to ensure compliance with all local government taxation and labor regulations concerning employment contracts.
• Purchase items approved on the monthly budget
• Follow up on all rental agreements including offices and vehicles etc. to ensure timely renewal of such agreements when necessary.
• Overseeing the organization’s sales, stock, and tracking of merchandise
• Manage the submission of the team's timesheets and transport sheets
• Oversee the IT and communications systems (phones and internet) of the organization including the appointment of service support contractors and suppliers accordingly.
• Oversee general office management issues such as central stationery, office supplies, etc.
• Assisting with the general management and maintenance of the Solution Centre
• Proven professional accounting experience of 5 years
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited university or institution of learning. A CPA designation will be a strong asset
• Proficiency with a variety of accounting software systems, including QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets
• Experience with designing and managing detailed international donor projects budgets
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and ability to work in a multicultural team environment
• Sociable personality, enjoy working with a team of young people with minimum supervision
• Patience, flexibility, and ability to work to sometimes work irregular hours including some weekends
• An understanding of relevant NGO legislation, policies, and procedures
Compensation: Salary will be based on experience and skill level
References: Minimum of three professional references will be requested if you are short-listed for the position
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates MUST send a cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The cover letter should indicate:
1. Why you are the best candidate for the job,
2. What integrity means to you, and
3. Why you would like to work for Sawa World.
Please note that applications without the tailored cover letter will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.