Head of Internal Audit
Jobs at:Top Finance Bank
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Head of Internal Audit
This position reports to the Board Audit Committee.
Plan, review and co-ordinate provision of prudent, efficient, and cost-effective riskbased audit and investigative coverage of Head Office and Branch Operations in accordance with the International Professional Practices Framework, internal Auditing Standards and set Bank Policies and Procedures.
1. Develop the internal audit strategy, Budgets and Annual Plans for the Department.
2. To develop a Risk-based annual activity plan, to ensure efficient and effective utilization of audit resources.
3. To plan and execute and/ or supervise the planning and execution of audit assignments, including working papers review to ensure high quality of audits/or other assignments and compliance with standards and policy.
4. To review and ensure quality draft audit reports are submitted to the Board Audit Committee specifically, ensure that audit findings and recommendations are factual and appropriate.
5. To monitor progress, identify and take appropriate corrective action and ensure timely completion of assignments.
6. To draft audit methodology improvement papers to train staff and ensure compliance with IIA and FIA 2004.
7. To manage staff performance and provide supervision, guidance, training and motivation to audit staff in line with the bank policy and audit training needs.
8. To undertake offsite assessment and provide near real-time quarterly reports on emerging risks in the bank in line with attendant indicators and the policy framework.
9. To co-ordinate and supervise investigative services to the line management to determine violation of policies and adequacy of internal controls.
10. Certify returns submitted to the Central Bank in line with FIA, 2004
11. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
1. At least three (5) years’ working experience in Auditing and Banking in a financial institution or External Accounting/Auditing Firm
2. MUST be an active member of ICPAU
3. Demonstrated high integrity, independence, objectivity, confidentiality and professionalism.
4. Leadership and supervisory skills.
5. Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
6. High level of Organization.
7. Good report writing and presentation skills.
8. Good personal presentation.
9. Good oral and written communication skills.
10. Ability to work well under pressure.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance or Business-related field.
• Master’s degree in Business or Accounting or related filed is added advantage
• Professional qualification of CPA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.