Head of Programmes
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes, a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Head of Programmes to play a vital role in our vision to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Leading role in the implementation of the overall Country Programme Strategy, ensuring an integrated programme approach that adheres to international WaterAid standards and policies.
• Take specific responsibility for coordinating, managing and reporting on the implementation of programmes in accordance with donor proposals, guidelines and ensuring high quality programming.
• Manage Programme teams to deliver on the programme strategy, providing leadership and guidance in line with WaterAid HR policies and procedures.
• Work with Head of Finance and Project leads to ensure close management of relevant budgets and expenditures in compliance with donor guidelines.
• Work across functional teams to contribute to the overall effectiveness and impact through participating in various national and international forums/ platforms and initiatives in a bid to have sustainable improvements in the provision of safe water, sanitation and hygiene for the poor and marginalized in Uganda.
To be Successful, you will need:
• Masters level qualification in WASH related disciplines such as Environmental health, Public Health, WASH Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Gender and WASH, Financing and WASH. Or equivalent.
• Extensive experience working in a development and/or humanitarian context, with prior 7 years’ experience in senior programme management, including experience in planning, developing and evaluating Programmes.
• Prior WASH related experience is a must
• Strong strategic leadership and managerial skills to co-ordinate the WaterAid program team to deliver on WaterAid strategic objectives.
• Advanced written and spoken english
• Significant experience of programme design and successful proposal development.
You can find the full Job Description and the application form: https://wateraid.assetbank-server.com/assetbank-wateraid/action/viewDownloadSharedAsset?download=75726f30464e5839314b704f423632724d6c4e5571773d3d&asset=6e615631426b4d49694e70335877417370596b5577773d3d&source=Talent%20Network&source=Careerbuilder
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.