- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position :Health Nurse (HN PACT-004) Reports to mHealth Medical Officer
Duty Station : Moroto
The mHealth Nurse will support the implementation of the mHealth component of the USAID PACT-Karamoja project. The project will employ Call for Life an mHealth intervention that provides treatment support to patients in the form of pill reminders, health messages, clinic intervention that provides treatment support to patients in the form of pill reminders, health messages, clinic appointment reminders and remote symptom reporting.
The Project Nurse will work together with the staff at the facility TB clinic to register TB patients onto the platform and provide follow up support..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify patients eligible for the services among patients diagnosed with TB at the project-supported health facilities.
• Provide required information to patients eligible for the project.
• Obtain informed consent from eligible patients.
• Register patients onto the Call for LifeTM mHealth tool.
• Provide ongoing support to patients on the tool and attend to challenges with usage.
• Participate in following up participants' usage of the tool.
Respond to and manage symptoms reported on the mHealth tool by the patients. • Conduct follow up phone calls and home visits when necessary
• Attend staff meetings.
• Participate as a member of the facility health care team.
• Perform any other duties as delegated by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Completion of nurses training from a recognized institution (minimum of a diploma in nursing)
• Must hold a valid practicing licence institution (minimum of a diploma in nursing)
• Must hold a valid practicing license Minimum of 1 year's work experience in a clinical research setting
• Counselling training and experience is an added advantage
• Up-to-date registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
• Excellent Communication skills with patients, clinicians and with other members of the team Good team player
• Competency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet is essential
• Knowledge of good nursing procedures and practices
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 31st January, 2020. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com ).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The Senior Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute - IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P. O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.