HIV Recency Project Coordinator
Jobs at:Global Programs for Research and Training (GP)
Deadline of this Job:
May 24th, 2019
Date Posted: 16th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) through its affiliate international NGO Global Programs for Research and Training (GP) is engaged in a project in Uganda, funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and its partners, including METS, Uganda Virology Research Institute (UVRI), and multiple comprehensive IPs, to roll out the use of a Rapid Test for Recency Infection (RTRI) for surveillance in Uganda.
Global Programs for Research & Training seeks a candidate with experience in projection coordination, including qualitative and quantitative data collection, to work on the RTRI initiative. The purpose of this activity is to provide important surveillance information on new infections with an aim of guiding HIV prevention efforts in Uganda and to inform the scale up of recency testing to Uganda. Furthermore, it will assess the feasibility of integrating recency testing into routine HIV testing services..
Key Areas of Focus
• Collaborate in the development of project tools and other related materials.
• Assist with training on the protocol and operations.
• Coordinate all training related to the project in conjunction with other partners.
• Oversee the logistics of site preparation including ensuring commodities are at the facilities and taking inventory of shipments received.
• Conduct fortnightly or monthly visits to assess the logistics and technical progress of the work.
• Assist in coordination of all aspects of collection and analysis of data including regular quality assurance checks.
• Work with the MOH, METS, CDC, UVRI, and the comprehensive IPs’ points of contact to ensure that the technical requirements of the protocol are met and to monitor participant recruitment, sample collection and transport and quality of data.
• Work with the MOH and its partners to ensure that staff at each site adhere to approved ethical procedures in the protocol.
• Work with the MOH and its partners to oversee the quality of data collection and manage data with secure backup.
• Ensure timely delivery of materials needed for the implementation of the project.
• Ensure the sending of samples as specified in the SOP and agreed upon by the partners.
• Participate in weekly meetings with CDC, UCSF, and MOHSS to identify any concerns with the procedures and adverse situations.
• Coordinate communication between collaborating organizations.
• Participate in data interpretation, report writing, and results dissemination.
• Be open to new tasks throughout the project period and available to respond to
• unexpected logistical and other needs that may arise.
• Assist with the scale up and full implementation of recency testing in Uganda.
• Minimum experience of 3 years (after graduation) in project management of large-scale
• Undergraduate survey in social sciences preferred (anthropology, demography, geography,
sociology, psychology or other) OR health professional with tertiary qualifications, such as
nursing, clinical medicine or medical laboratory technology.
• Have a thorough understanding of the survey protocol and operations manual.
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work in shifts (including nights and weekends), if necessary.
• Availability for duration of the survey.
• Time management: The competency to organize/plan/manage time and to adequately
allocate to and divide time between various tasks / aspects of the work.
• Integrity: The capacity to show consideration and concern; to be honest; to earn the
respect of others; to adhere to broad ethical rules and guidelines; to be trustworthy,
responsible and reliable.
• People skills: Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
• Excellence orientation: Displaying pride in and derive personal satisfaction from
achieving results, commitment to uncompromising standards of excellent and
continuous improvement and determination or self-discipline in completing what has
• Planning & organising: The ability to properly articulate, arrange and prioritise work
schedules to meet the demands of a specific project.
• Teamwork & cooperation: Express positive expectations of others in terms of their
abilities, contributions, etc.
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Job application procedure
We offer an attractive package commensurate with qualifications and experience. The closing
date is May 24th, 2019 Email your cv and application letter to
email@example.com Only electronic CV’s will be accepted.