Jobs at:Samaritan’s Purse
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. .
VACANCY 2020-011: HR Coordinator, Kampala
Length of Contract
The Human Resource (HR) Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of human resources for Samaritan’s Purse in Uganda, including: recruitment, orientation, training / development, compensation and benefits, staff care and exit procedures. S/He will be responsible for ensuring a quality and efficient service including the implementation and, where necessary, amendment of policies and procedures. S/He will receive, respond, resolve or route all employee related enquiries and will work with other staff members to promote team harmony and effectiveness in support of the Samaritan’s Purse mission in-country.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work with hiring managers to support the recruitment of new staff, including preparation of internal/external documents, shortlisting, interviewing, reference checks, contract preparation and orientation/onboarding.
• Work with heads of department to update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Support managers and staff in performance management and provide necessary tracking and follow-up.
• Maintain up-to-date personnel files and HR records, ensuring the strictest confidentiality.
• Support monthly payroll processing and serve as point person for administering all staff benefits.
• Ensure compliance with internal HR policies and local labor laws, liaising with local legal counsel and advising senior management, as appropriate.
• Provide mediation and conflict resolution support where needed and/or requested.
• Work with the Country Director to develop and implement member care initiatives and activities.
• Conduct all activities in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, in line with Samaritan’s Purse, Government of Uganda and donor policies and best practices.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, or other related discipline.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar role within the NGO sector.
• Up to date knowledge of Uganda employment law.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, manage time, and meet deadlines in an ever changing environment.
• Strong teambuilding and communication skills, with experience in training facilitation.
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented; good problem solver and attention to detail.
• Trustworthy, with ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
• Commitment to excellence, integrity and stewardship of resources.
Must agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to email@example.com or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 126 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi; applications should be submitted strictly no later than 16:00 on Wednesday 21st October, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.