- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
ICGLR Regional Training Facility (RTF)
Deadline of this Job:
16 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The German Federal Ministry of Economic Development and Cooperation (BMZ) and the European Union (EU) are co-funding a Regional Project on Peace and Security in the Great Lakes region implemented jointly by GIZ and the UN. One of the project outcomes relates to the prevention and suppression of the International Conference for the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) Protocol on the Prevention and Suppression of Sexual Violence against Women and Children. In this regard, GIZ has entered into a partnership with the ICGLR Regional Training Facility (RTF), the Denis Mukwege Foundation and the Panzi Hospital based in the DRC to integrate the holistic model of care for survivors of the SGBV into the RTF's Regional Training Approach (socio-ecological approach) to ensure sufficient expertise exists in this area within ICGLR Member States (MS). The combined approach will be piloted initially in three ICLGR MS (DRC, Zambia, CAR) and then be further rolled out in an additional three Member States (Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan). GIZ is recruiting an Advisor for the Regional Project on Peace and Security in the Great Lakes region to support the ICGLR.
Job Title: Advisor - ICGLR Regional Training Facility (RTF)
Reports to: Dual reporting: to The ICGLR RTF Director and GIZ Project Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda with frequent travels to Kigali/Rwanda.
Contract duration: Until December 2021
Ref. NO: GIZ- ICGLR RTF/NA/012011 .
the Advisor is responsible for
• Supports management, monitoring and implementation of the project activities as outlined in the financial agreement concluded between GIZ and the RTF.
• Provides coordination between the project partners (RTF trainers, Experts of the Denis Mukwege/Panzi Hospital, ICGLR National Coordinators etc.).
• Supports communication activities and narrative reporting on the project.
• Supports budget management, financial monitoring and reporting.
The Advisor will perform the following tasks
• Supports the preparation of project documents including: the project's detailed annual work plan, M&E Plan, Terms of Reference of project activities, etc.
• Leads on the administrative and logistical organization of the different project activities (trainings, workshops, etc.) as well as technical preparation.
• With support of the RTF Master Trainers and Panzi/Mukwege Experts develops and oversees a monitoring system to measure the impact of the training delivered.
• Facilitates periodic coordination between the different project stakeholders, including: ATE Trainers, CGLR National Coordinators, ICOLA Gender Director, Experts from Denis Mukwege/Panzi Foundation, GIZ Regional Project (quarterly meetings, monthly skype calls) and drafts follow-up minutes
• Provides bilateral follow-up with specific project partners.
Project Communication and Reporting
• Supports the RTF communication Officer in developing regular communication related to the project activities.
• Provides quality-control to the experts that have been recruited to develop the profiles and database of RTF Master Trainers and National Trainers.
• Draft reports of the project activities and contributes to donor reports to the EU and BMZ.
Financial Management and Procurement.
• Collaborates closely with RTF accountant in financial administration (quarterly activity and cash flow planning, submission of periodic financial reports to GIZ)
• Responsible for budget monitoring, particular, ensures that all activities are conformity with the budget lines approved in the financial agreement
• Ensures that overall procurement procedures of GIZ are respected (selection of venues, etc.)
Other duties/additional tasks
• Other duties and tasks in the framework of the implementation of the financial agreement at the request of GIZ management.
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the GIZ Component Leader.
• The Advisor will be placed within the partner organization, i.e. the ICGLR Regional Training Facility in Kampala, Uganda.
• The Advisor will have a double reporting line to the RTF Director and to the Project Director of the Regional Project in support of the ICGLR based in Kigali.
• The Advisor will undertake regular missions to Kigali in the framework of the regional projects overall planning and review processes, in addition to the locations where the project activities will be implemented.
• The Advisor will only support the RTF in the framework of interventions that are set out in the financial agreement signed between GIZ and the RTF.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
• Very good working knowledge of project management tools (work plans, M&E plans, etc).
• Fluency in English and French (written and oral proficiency) are a prerequisite.
• Strong logistical skills to implement operational project activities.
• Strong communication skills, especially when dealing with a variety of stakeholders.
• willingness to travel frequently within the African Great Lakes Region, if needed over weekends.
Required qualifications, and experience Qualifications.
• University degree in social sciences, international development, gender studies, law or related field. Professional experience,
• At least 4 years' professional experience in project management, including budget monitoring,
• At least 4 years' professional experience working on the prevention/response of SGBV.
• Working experience in the Great Lakes Region is a distinct advantage.
• Experience with the ICGLR or other regional institutions is a distinct advantage.
Job Education Requirements: degree in social sciences
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years'
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to the Director, future options Consulting ltd, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position you are applying for and reference number as the subject. Application should be received by 5:00pm on the 16th February 2020. Please note: this is a national Position. Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 6 pages only. No other attachments are required at this stage. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place
Disclaimer: GIZ DONT NOT charge any kind of FEEs at whichever stage of the recruitment process. This recruitment is ONLY through Future Options Consulting Ltd.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.