Industrial Hygiene Engineer (IH)
Jobs at:SeaOwl Energy Services
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
On behalf of our Client in the Extractives sector, we are looking for a competent Industrial Hygiene Engineer (IH) to join our Team at our Clients office in Kampala in their Health, Safety, Security, Societal, Environment & Lands (H3SEL) Department. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of assigned tasks and work diligently under pressure. .
Reporting to the Methods Manager the job holder will be responsible for the following tasks;
• Ensure compliance with international, national, Group requirements and international standards in IH
• Ensure appropriate authorizations needed for conducting operations are obtained from authorities such as; Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU), Atomic Energy Council (AEC) and others
• Contribute to drafting of reference documents such as; directives, rules, specifications and procedures
• Participate in Industrial Hygiene Risk Assessment (IHRA) and follow up implementation of mitigating actions
• Participate in audits of facilities and operations, to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and good industrial hygiene practice
• Perform regular inspections related to Industrial Hygiene performance of all sites
• Investigate industrial hygiene, issues and complaints (workstation ergonomic assessments) and provide timely reporting of findings
• Carry out the industrial hygiene surveillance program and generate reports in all company locations
• Ensure maintenance of IH monitoring equipment, chemicals inventory and develop and manage the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) database
• Advise the line management on IH issues and associated occupational health hazards
• Liaise with the affiliate Chief Medical Officer (CMO) on occupational health issues of concern
• Closely contact the site doctors and Responsible for Safety on Site (RSES’s) for the Industrial Hygiene monitoring and management programs
• Act as the Company Industrial Hygiene Referent under HSE Division and support
• Coordinate and acts as “Secretary for the Industrial Hygiene Committee” and consequently, any other relevant activity as might be assigned by the hierarchy
• Conduct awareness programs and Industrial Hygiene awareness induction. To communicate and conduct training sessions or presentations regarding IH
• Promote HSE awareness programs and monitor their progress
• Contribute to the HSE annual plan
• Draft Company’s safety programs to determine their adequacy and Compliance to Group’s Safety procedures
• Provide planning in line with the Director General E&P directives (DGEP)
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor of Science or health in a technical field, preferably Occupational Health.
• Minimum of 5 years in Oil and Gas industry of which at least 2 years in a similar position in the oil and gas industry.
• Good knowledge of Industrial hygiene standards and guidelines
• Studious and Analytical mind with good knowledge of industrial hygiene issues
• Need to have good presentation skills.
• Strong organizational, time management, analytical, problem solving, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work under limited supervision and function.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel you meet the criteria as outlined above and are ready to take on this challenge, please send us your CV ONLY to:
Via email: email@example.com
Tel.: +256 (0) 706 444 500
Subject of your email should be the position you are applying for
Do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any question or need any clarifications
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.