Jobs at:DFCU Bank
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DFCU Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the respective vacancy of Infrastructure Administrator in our Chief Operating Office to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Manager- Infrastructure Services
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Manager- Infrastructure Services, the role holder will be responsible for ongoing administration and support of all Infrastructure systems including Databases, Operating Systems, Networks, and all IT hardware.
• Support availability of Business Applications and Continuity/DR setup.
• Advisory, support and controlled deployment of new Infrastructure Technologies.
• Implement effective infrastructure technology maintenance routines.
• Provide the necessary support to assure the security of data in storage, transition, and processing.
• Support the day-to-day operations of the bank users and customers.
• Infrastructure capacity planning and management.
• Ensure high availability for all infrastructure services.
• Develop and support quality, reliable, sustainable, and resilient infrastructure.
• Secure Infrastructure deployments.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or other relevant field from a reputable university.
• Certification in either one or more of the following: Microsoft Active Directory, CISCO Systems certification(s), Oracle Systems, Virtual Server Technologies (e.g. VMWARE), A+.
• ITIL Foundation training.
• 2-4 years technical experience supporting Enterprise Infrastructure systems in medium to large organizations.
• Experience with multiple storage and backup subsystems.
• Experience with virtual infrastructures e.g. VMWARE, Hyper-V, etc.
• Broad knowledge of ICT Infrastructure Management and Control Techniques.
• An understanding of operating systems, data communications, networking, databases, hardware (PC/Hardware), system applications, and various technologies and systems and their integration with Computer Systems.
• Working experience with Internet technologies, IP technologies, Network devices and equipment (e.g. Routers, switches, hubs, and firewalls).
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems, install, and operate network-monitoring tools and maintain network documentation.
• Ability to generate, read, interpret Networking design and diagrams.
• Experience in a WAN /LAN environment, which must include configuring switches, routers, and firewalls.
• Network Performance Tuning, Network Design, and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study and Technical Zeal.
• Ability to understand and/or operate multiple infrastructure technologies e.g. CISCO, Linux, UNIX, Oracle, VMWARE, etc.
• Significant experience in deploying, tuning, and supporting databases (preferably Oracle, PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL).
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to third parties and employees.
• Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stress conditions.
• Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 24th June 2021 to the email address indicated below;
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.