Internal Audit Assistant Re-advertised
A reputable Organisation
Deadline of this Job:
7th December, 2018
Date Posted: 19th November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
A reputable Organisation wishes to invite suitably qualified applications for the underlisted vacant positions. Specific qualifications and attributes required are mentioned along each post, while general requirements include the following:
- Excellent literacy skills: should be able to read, speak and write fluently and comprehensively.
- Strong and pleasant inter—personal skills, with an ability to work effectively at all levels.
- Strong initiative, drive and ambition to succeed
- Willingness to learn new and/or practical skills.
- Age range between 23 to 35 years.
- Should be computer literate.
- Experience, if any, is an added advantage.
Position: Internal Audit Assistant
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration or any other field, with bias in Accounting or Finance.
- Part ll of professional qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA).
- Good technical, audit and accounting skills.
- Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the supervi sor to evaluate work done and matters to be reported.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of the auditing profession.
- Highly organised with strong organisational and planning skills, ability to prioritise tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the work plan.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and to compile timely reports.
- Good IT skills.
- Participate in the Organisation’s wide risk assessment process.
- Participate in the preparation of the detailed risk register(s) including the nature, impact and likelihood on the Department/Section/ Function under review and the controls identified that mitigate those risks.
- Participate in the preparation of a detailed internal audit work program to address the risks identified along with the testing strategy.
- Perform testing of internal controls identified during the planning phase to the extent documented in the risk assessment. Conclude on the internal controls effectiveness.
- Use computer software that aids in performing analytical tests( CAATS)
- Identify sufficient, factual, reliable and useful information to support test results.
- Prepare the Internal Control Exception Sheet.
- Participate in the drafting of the Internal Audit Report
- Attend the closing meeting with the Head of Department/Section/ Function under review to discuss the issues raised and the proposed recommendations.
- Participate in conducting the follow up assignments to ensure the proper implementation of the corrective actions agreed in the report.
- Initiate staff appraisal following each audit assignment and discuss it with the internal auditor and agree on development measures.
- Updating the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quartely basis, documenting issues resolved and preparing the quarterly status report to review by the internal auditor.
- Conducting other audit work as delegated by the Internal Auditor in line with the Internal Audit Plan.
- Present clear, concise and timely working papers in line with International internal Auditing Standards for review by the internal auditor.
- Ensure timely delivery of professional written draft reports and practical value added recommendations on issues arising during audit work.
- Drive a policy of best practice with a focus on continuous improvement and awareness across the organisation with respect to internal control, risk and corporate governance.
- Any other duties that shall be assigned by Management
Job application procedure
Hand-written applications, attaching a copy of the C.V and relevant testimonials, should be addressed and submitted to Voucher No 654, c/o The New Vision Printing & Publishing Co Ltd, Kampala. The application should be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked with the Post one is applying for. Deadline for submission is Friday 7th December, 2018 at 4:00pm. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further considerations.