Internal Audit Manager
Jobs at:KCB Bank Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Manage the operations of the audit function through providing planning, execution and monitoring of independent assurance and advisory services on the effectiveness of the Bank’s framework of risk management, control, and governance processes.
• Provide input to the annual risk-based audit plan/strategy.
• Conduct audit planning that includes defining engagement scope, developing work programs, allocating resources and agreeing on timelines.
• Develop appropriate audit tests aimed at addressing identified risks and achieving the desired audit objective to provide assurance that risks are effectively managed or mitigated.
• Develop scripts for continuous audits.
• Perform audit procedures to include: identifying, analyzing, evaluating and document sufficient information while observing independent judgement to achieve engagement objectives.
• Prepare clear and concise audit reports on findings, detected non-compliance with bank policies, procedural guidelines, and regulatory requirements for discussion with management before final reports are issued for corrective action.
• Conduct follow up of previous engagements in accordance with the annual audit plan.
• Review statutory/regulatory reports.
• Preparation of Quarterly Board Audit Committee reports for Head of Audit review and onward presentation to the Board.
• Deputize the Head of Audit.
Skills and Requirements:
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria,
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, IT etc.
• Professional Qualifications, ACCA, CISA, CIA, CPA or Part Qualification (ACCA).
• Total minimum number of years’ experience required is 4 years. 2 years in Banking operations, 1 year in accounting and financial experience. 1 year – Fraud investigation, auditing and scripting.
• Understanding of data analytics.
• Reporting writing skills.
• Good Relationship management.
• Agile and flexible.
• Able to perform remote audits and technology driven audits. (Ability to think of how to audit outside the traditional auditing methods without leaving key risks unidentified).
• Excellent planning, organization and problem solving.
• Ability to work under pressure and to a deadline.
• Logical mind with meticulous attention to detail
• Objectivity and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 6 August 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.