Intervention Manager, Access and Usage (AU)
Jobs at:Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU )
Deadline of this Job:
30th May 2019
Date Posted: 14th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU ) is an independent not-for- profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). FSD Uganda works with both public and private sector players to develop sustainable improvements in the livelihoods of low-income individuals through reduced vulnerability to shocks, increased incomes and employment creation. We support innovation, conduct research, help promote and improve policy, laws and regulation that shape the financial sector in Uganda through targeted Technical Assistance (TA) and grants. FSD Uganda is funded by Department for International Development (DFID) UKaid and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We are part of a network of eight other financial inclusion organizations working in the Sub Saharan region of Africa.
FSDU wishes to recruit experienced professionals for the positions given below. For the full job descriptions and more information please visit FSDU website www.fsduganda.or.ug
Job Title: Intervention Manager, Access and Usage (AU)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Financial Services.
The Access and Usage of the Financial Services (AU) pillar at FSDU works with the public and private sector financial services providers under specific thematic areas of Savings, Investment and Insurance, Credit and Payments. The scope of work includes an integrated approach focusing on financial services innovation (piloting and development) targeting women, the youth, Small & Medium Enterprises, the disabled and forcibly displaced persons in order to increase access and usage of financial services in the country.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESULTS AREAS
• Support the AU Pillar Head in thinking through the strategies to implement appropriate financial services, products, providing use case learning experiences, and project execution in the following thematic areas: Savings Investment and Insurance, Credit and Payments
Program Management and Delivery
• Develop a detailed workplan for the different program interventions
• Build and develop a business pipeline
• Coordinate documentation of the project proposals, and prepare project appraisal reports
• Manage the procurement of consultants that may be required in the implementation of the diff erent program interventions. This will include development of robust Terms of References (TORs) to select high quality consultants
Knowledge Management and Thought Leadership
• Undertake market environment scoping and analysis in relation to provision of financial services for the identified market segments
• Write and publish blogs, research papers, policy briefs and other publications relevant to the FSD Uganda Mandate
• Participate in the development and implementation of FSD Uganda’s knowledge management strategy and plan
• Manage the organisation of program partner engagements such as workshops, Roundtable Discussions etc.
Monitoring, Results Management and Reporting
• Support the Results Management Team to monitor the implementation and the performance of the different Access and Usage program interventions.
FSDU Team Collaboration and Upward Management
• Work with other team members to ensure cross-departmental coordination, sharing of ideas, and insights.
• A Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably Economics, Public Policy, Business Administration
• A Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Business Administration would be an added advantage.
Job related experience and skills
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience, at least 3 of which should be in the financial inclusion, business development, business analysis space.
• Demonstrable understanding of digital financial services, financial inclusion, market research and business gap analysis
• Demonstrated experience working in the private sector innovative financial services
• Proven track record in relationship management and stakeholder coordination - consultants / service providers including development of terms of reference where required
• Exceptional communications skills (especially strong writing skills)
• Team work and problem solving skills
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications to The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box: 34934, Kampala, Uganda. by Email: email@example.com The applications must contain (a) cover letter capturing your experience and why you are keen to work with FSDU and (b) your resume with names and contact details of 3 references. Please specify the position applied for in the subject line of email message. For the position of Communications Specialist, please also at each two writing samples.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 30th May 2019. For more in formation, please visit FSDU website: www.fsduganda.or.ug . FSDU is an equal opportunity employer.