Intervention Manager Environment
Jobs at:Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU )
Deadline of this Job:
30th May 2019
Date Posted: 14th May 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Financial Sector Deepening Uganda ( FSDU ) is an independent not-for- profit company committed to promoting greater access to and usage of financial services in Uganda. FSD Uganda seeks to develop a more inclusive financial sector with a focus on low-income individuals (particularly women) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). FSD Uganda works with both public and private sector players to develop sustainable improvements in the livelihoods of low-income individuals through reduced vulnerability to shocks, increased incomes and employment creation. We support innovation, conduct research, help promote and improve policy, laws and regulation that shape the financial sector in Uganda through targeted Technical Assistance (TA) and grants. FSD Uganda is funded by Department for International Development (DFID) UKaid and The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We are part of a network of eight other financial inclusion organizations working in the Sub Saharan region of Africa.
FSDU wishes to recruit experienced professionals for the positions given below. For the full job descriptions and more information please visit FSDU website www.fsduganda.or.ug
Job Title: Intervention Manager Environment
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business Environment
The Business Environment (BE) pillar at FSDU works closely with the public sector, financial sector regulators and key meso institutions -namely industry associations like Uganda Bankers Association (UBA), Financial Technology Services Providers Association (FTSPA) Association, Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU), Uganda Insurers Association (UIA). Our work ranges from inputs into policy drat s, supporting the development of regulation, to nudging the public sector to think through next generation of financial product and services licensing, supervision with an aim of creating a forward looking, and enabling business climate in the country..
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESULTS AREAS
• Support the BE Pillar Head in thinking through the business climate and regulatory bot lenecks, as well as capacity building initiatives and design effective multi-year program interventions that meaningfully:
o Enhance the current business climate
o Allow for the development of new innovations without compromising the stability of the financial sector
o Shape next generation licensing, supervisory regimes
o Strengthen the capacity of macro and meso institutions in the country.
Program Management and Delivery
• Develop a detailed workplan for the different program interventions
• Manage the procurement of consultants that may be required in the implementation of the different program interventions. This will include development of robust Terms of References (TORs) to select high quality consultants
Knowledge Management and Thought Leadership
• Undertake policy, legal and regulatory analysis in relation to financial inclusion
• Write and publish blogs, research papers, policy briefs and other publications relevant to the FSD Uganda Mandate
• Participate in the development and implementation of FSD Uganda’s knowledge management strategy and plan
• Manage the organisation of program partner engagements such as workshops, Roundtable Discussions etc.
Monitoring, Results Management and Reporting
• Support the Results Management Team to monitor the implementation and the performance of the different Business
Environment program interventions
• Support the Results Management Team to organise field engagements related to monitoring and evaluation of Business Environment program interventions with intervention partners FSDU Team Collaboration and Upward Management
• Work with other team members to ensure cross-departmental coordination, sharing of ideas, and insights.
• A Bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably in Economics or Law
• A Master’s degree in Economics, Laws or related fields (added advantage)
Job related experience
• At least 5 years of demonstrable experience, at least 3 of which should be in the financial inclusion, business environment, regulatory space.
• Demonstrated experience in research, policy, legal and regulatory analysis
• Demonstrated experience working with financial sector regulators
• Demonstrated experience in policy advocacy within and or without government
• Proven track record in managing teams and consultants / service providers including development of terms of reference where required
• Exceptional communications skills (especially strong writing skills)
• Team work skills
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications to The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road, P.O. Box: 34934, Kampala, Uganda. by Email: email@example.com The applications must contain (a) cover letter capturing your experience and why you are keen to work with FSDU and (b) your resume with names and contact details of 3 references. Please specify the position applied for in the subject line of email message. For the position of Communications Specialist, please also at each two writing samples.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 30th May 2019. For more in formation, please visit FSDU website: www.fsduganda.or.ug . FSDU is an equal opportunity employer.