IT Developer eELMIS
Deadline of this Job:
10 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The U.S. Agency for International Development awarded MSH’s center for pharmaceutical management a five-year cooperative agreement to implement the USAID/Strengthening supply chain activity (SSCS)
The mandate of SSCS is to improve the availability, affordability, access and appropriate use of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) including reproductive health, material, newborn child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) and HIV/AIDS commodities.
SSCS has three main result areas:
• Targeted improvements along the public health supply chain to boost system-wide performance
• Advances in good governance improve the enabling environment for health supply chain performance
• Increased local capacity to plan, finance, and implement solutions to supply chain challenges accelerates Uganda’s J2SR
SSCS has received an expansion of scope to support continuation of work on strengthening supply chain response to public health emergencies generally and COVID 19 pandemic in particular. The supply chain for public health emergencies aims to ensure that commodities required by the Ugandan health system to optimally detect, prevent and respond to emergencies caused by infectious disease epidemics are readily available at all times. SSCS is now looking out for emergency supply chain experts to support the Ministry of Health’s national task force and the National One Health platform (NOHP) on COVID 19 pandemic response. .
The IT Developer supply chain for public health emergency works with the senior supply chain management information systems Advisor, Technical Officers and DCOP, in strengthening the supply chain management system responsive to preparedness, prevention and response needs of public health emergencies. S/he also supports the director supply chain and other relevant stakeholders to develop requisite Information systems technical capacity for maintaining readiness and response to support a public health emergency, particularly the ongoing COVID 19 pandemic. The job holder will assist the Ministry of Health pharmacy department of pharmacy, divisions of health informatics and ICT, UNEPI, SSCS director supply chain and DCOP in developing, reviewing and integrating emergency supply chain information systems with the general supply chain information systems and ensuring that necessary capacity is built and sustained among the stakeholders including; functionalizing the earlier established regional nodes for stockpiling of supplies, quantification of commodities needed for the pandemic, provide support to the regional nodes and district coordination teams.
1. Support the Senior Supply Chain Systems Advisor in automating of key indicator reporting.
2. Assist to extend the eELMIS to key points of entry and update the eELMIS to include COVID 19 vaccines.
3. Increase data visualization through dashboards.
4. Ensure orders, receipts, stock-on-hand, consumption pipeline data can be accessed on eELMIS by all key stakeholders on a continuous basis.
5. Setup data sharing between the eELMIS and other MOH COVID-19 reporting systems
6. Complete the eLMIS whatsApp platform.
7. Support the MoH, districts of location and the OHP in decentralization of COVID 19 response by operationalizing the regional supply chain nodes to maintain ease of access and proximity to the districts.
8. Assist UNEPI and MoH pharmacy department review the implementation of the National COVID 19 pandemic response plan with specific focus on the supply chain information component.
9. Assist UNEPI and MoH pharmacy department initiate COVID 19 vaccine supply end to end visibility
10. Provide assistance to and participate in mentorship of the national and regional supply chain coordination teams on application and use of the eELMS.
11. Work with the Pharmacy department, regional implementing partners and the regional node coordinators to prepare the stockpile sites, ensure the sites are well organized to keep and maintain the stocks.
12. Assist in monitoring, reporting, tracking, and tracing of COVID 19 pandemic supplies, vaccine movement and the related supplies.
13. Draft required SOPs, guidelines, tools, and mentorship materials for mentoring and implementing a resilient supply chain for public health emergency and engage with the stakeholders for input.
14. Support incorporation of quantifications into routine stock gap and requirements reports.
15. Write reports and provide feedback to the SSCS management, pharmacy department and UNEPI on supply chain issues for action or advise.
16. Contribute to the development of the annual work plan, ensuring alignment with project strategy.
17. Participate in project work plan reviews as needed.
18. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science. Master’s degree in related field is an added advantage.
2. 6+ years of professional experience with demonstrated skills in software development and maintenance (software requirements analysis, software design including object oriented analysis and design, coding, testing, documentation, configuration management, user training, deployment and lifecycle maintenance).
3. At least 2 years’ experience as a SharePoint Developer in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications based on SharePoint.
4. Experience with SharePoint designer, Visual Studio/VSTA and powerShell
5. Experience with building and maintaining applications using object-oriented, distributed and service oriented methodologies and architectures
6. Advanced knowledge/expertise in MS SharePoint 2013 development and administration
7. Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, User Profile Services
8. Experience with SQL server reporting services, report builder, SQL server analysis services, and/or SQL server integration services is a plus
9. Knowledge of relational enterprise database management systems, TSQL and data warehousing technologies
10. Strong programming background authoring well written, well documented modular and clean code.
11. Travel: must be available for travel within Uganda.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
EEO is the Law – English
EEO is the Law – Spanish
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster
MSH EEO-AA Policy
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 6
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are a candidate in need of assistance, an accommodation, or an alternative method to apply for an open position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-703-524-6575 to be connected with Human Resources.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.