Jobs at:A Transport and Logistics Firm
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A transport and logistics firm is seeking for an ambitious IT Executive to assist in monitoring all classified critical systems and security tools. Ensure company Systems are up to date, scalable and well maintained. Provide first and second point of contact for IT systems related support cases .
• Frontline support to all company branches from the helpdesk system or telephonically
• Hardware and Software installations and support
• Helpdesk system queries, quick and effective resolution of the queries
• Install in-house software at customers
• Create and manage user accounts and access permissions.
• Set up workstations for new employees (software/hardware)
• Support and troubleshoot hardware/software issues on workstations/scanners and ensure latest software updates deployment.
• Maintain local servers (Lync, Avaya, etc.) and responsible for local data centre.
• Manage data Backup schedules and physical backup media storage (including offsite keeping and sending to InfoFort where applicable)
• Ensure implementation of latest software security patches and updates
• Run scheduled antivirus and resolve threats immediately as it occurs
• Monitor local servers health, link status for all country branches and call centre systems
• Handle GCS and resolve cases on daily basis
• Maintain annual inventory of all IT related assets (hardware and software)
• Supervise and follow up on tasks given to external IT companies
• Handle all systems issues related to security, card access team, networking & maintenance
• Follow up with internet and telecom providers
• Suggest IT requirement to be included in the IT budget.
Adhere to company HSSE, compliance and sustainability corporate policies.
• Communication - Written & Verbal
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving
• Customer service orientation
• Communication (Verbal & Written)
• Planning and organizing
• Must be able to work independently and use initiative
• Must be able to work under pressure
|Full Time| UGX Confidential
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Microsoft Certification in CCNA/MCSE will be added advantage
• Windows Servers, Windows 10 extensive knowledge
• Basic knowledge of Office 365
• Similar role experience of at least one year from a reputable Organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues
• Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected
• Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by supervisors and management
• Extensive Hardware knowledge including: Desktops, laptops, printers and networking equipment
• Hardware installations and set up
• Basic networking skills
Job Education: Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.