IT Officer - IMS
Jobs at:African Initiatives for Relief and Development
Deadline of this Job:
24 January 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AIRD Uganda is non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and non-profit making organization with the main aim of protecting and seeking durable solutions for Refugees and IDP's in Africa in partnership with UNHCR the UN refugee agency.
AIRD is seeking for qualified personnel for the position listed below
7. Job Title: IT Officer - IMS
Report to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Managing and overseeing all IT related issues in the organization.
Offering IT technical support to staff and make sure that organization's computer systems are kept as reliable and efficient as possible under the supervision of the operations manager. .
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
• Consulting computer users to ascertain needs and to ensure that facilities meet user or project requirements
• Selecting and purchasing appropriate hardware and software.
• Managing IT budgets.
• Ensuring software licensing laws are followed.
• Implementing and managing security or integrity and backup procedures.
• AFR Scheduling upgrades.
• Providing user training, support, advice and feedback to staff.
• Testing and modifying systems to ensure that that they operate reliably.
• Managing secure network access for remote users.
• Keeping up to date with new technology.
• Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation.
• Periodically evaluating the functionality of systems.
• Training new staff.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• High level of honesty and Integrity
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Advanced computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation, Creating forms, org charts, mail merges, labels, name tags, charts and graphs, pivot tables, presentations with animation and sound.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Willingness to work in any part of the country
• A degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, management sciences or business studies is required.
• At least four years' working experience in similar position.
• Ability to work in any part of the country.
• Should be ready to have frequent field visits.
Job Education Requirements: degree in information technology
Job Experience Requirements: four years
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the required qualifications are encouraged to apply on the link below: www.aird.hrmagic.ug/careers
No hand delivered applications will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 24th January 2020
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.