- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Laboratory Systems Officer
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position : Data Officer (DO PACT-001).
Reporting to : Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Duty Station : Moroto/Kotido
The data officer will provide ongoing technical assistance to project, district and facility teams in recording and management of national and project-related data in line with current national guidelines. S/he will also assist the MEL Officer in entry, cleaning and analysis of data captured by the Project MIS..
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with district structures and leverage counterpart USG-supported project lab technical officers/advisors in the region to design and implement strategies to ensure that project supported sites attain minimum MoH requirements following SLMTA program (at hubs) and establish a framework for facility specific LQMS at none SLMTA labs.
• Conduct detailed audit of project supported sites, prepare action oriented work plans and design innovative strategies to address the identified gaps to ensure the delivery of quality lab services
• Guide facility teams to regularly report on lab activities through regular submission of high quality HMIS reports and activity reports in line with standard Ministry of Health, donor and project timelines
• Plan, coordinate and conduct didactic trainings and mentorship visits to District and facility teams to address TB lab related capacity gaps and build skills for delivery of quality lab services.
• Conduct site mentorship and joint support supervision visits to labs and facilities to ensure effective implementation of LQMS in liaison with national and District technical teams.
• Design and functionalize systems to support District and facility teams to accurately quantify, forecast, orders and manage laboratory supplies and commodities to ensure constant availability.
• Collaborate with other to ensure constant availability
• Collaborate with other USG and/or non-USG funded project lab technical advisors in Karamoja region to ensure adequate representation of district/facility TB lab teams in hub coordination review meetings for smooth hub operations and effective utilization of available TB and HIV lab related services.
• Work closely with the clinical team to support lab monitoring of diagnosed TB and TB/HIV patients in line with current national standards, timely results return and related follow up interventions.
• Strengthen QA efforts both at the labs and point of care and ensure regular supervision of point-of-care testers and participation in internal and external quality control schemes in line with national guidelines.
• Establish and strengthen lab biosafety practices, good equipment management practices including calibration, monitoring of commercial service contracts for lab equipment, and ensure that there is uninterrupted service delivery as a result of equipment malfunction. Support sample referral services to ensure uninterrupted specimen transport network for health care GeneXpert, culture and drug susceptibility testing (DST) and other related TB-HIV tests.
• Supervise project supported sample riders, their movements and adherence to personal safety standards and lab biosafety standards including timely accountability for project equipment and resources.
• Any other duty assigned by management from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A bachelor's degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology/sciences
• Full and active registration with the Allied Health Professionals council.
• Training in laboratory quality management systems and biosafety
• At least 3 years' experience in lab planning, management, and QA/QC.
• Up-to-date knowledge of current national TB and TB-HIV management protocols .
• Good communication, coordination, organization, mentorship and management skills
• Understands client confidentiality and exhibits a high level of ethical conduct
• Basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point
• Good understanding of public health systems and local government policies
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 31st January, 2020. (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The Senior Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute - IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P. O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.