- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Global Health Uganda (GHU)
Deadline of this Job:
12th September 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, September 05, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ref: GHU 010/2019
Global Health Uganda (GHU) is a registered not for profit, limited liability company with the mission to promote child health by conducting and facilitating quality and relevant research in child health, neurodevelopment and interventions. GHU invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the following positions for the COAST (Children’s Oxygen Administration Strategies Trial) which will be based in Masaka hospital..
• Receive, process and store all biological samples that come to the lab according the SOPs and GCLP.
• Perform microscopy on blood samples according to SOP and GCLP.
• Take part in the general lab maintenance tasks including but not limited to monitoring temperature logs, making common reagents, cleaning, and maintaining inventories.
• Do data entry for laboratory tests and samples collected.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• The ideal candidate should hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science, or equivalent. Demonstrated research experience is an added advantage.
• Excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail is a must
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary and multinational team
• Should have completed some form of human participants training in research and /or Good Clinical Practice. Must be registered with the allied health professional’s council (AHPC).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates who fully meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV, a TYPED cover letter, all necessary academic documents and the contact details of two work related referees to: The Human Resource Manager, Global Health Uganda, Plot 667 Mawanda Road, first turn on the right after the Mawanda Road Police Station not later than Thursday 12th September 2019 at 12:00pm. We appreciate your application however; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.