Jobs at:Muslim Centre for Justice and Law
Deadline of this Job:
18 March 2020
Date Posted: Friday, March 13, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About US: MCJL envisions, “A Ugandan society that upholds universal faith-based principles in ensuring equitable access to justice, human rights and observance of the law.” Our mission is, “To facilitate observance of human rights, justice, peace, and good governance through promotion of public interest, civil liberties, and obligations under the law.”
Muslim Centre for Justice and Law invites applications from qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts:
Number of Positions: 1
Duty Station: Head Office.
Reports to: Legal aid manager
Deadline: 18th March 2020 at Midnight
To provide legal services to the indigent and marginalized individuals in the target communities. .
Roles and responsibilities
• Taking appropriate legal action on behalf of clients through representing them, producing legal letters, mediating disputes.
• Interviewing clients and listening to their concerns in order to fully understand the legal issues effecting them; at all times treating clients with compassion and respect
• Providing clients with professional advice and guidance.
• Following up on the progress of client’s cases and keeping them informed at all times
• Participating in the development of detailed project plans; including participating in stakeholder analysis and research if required
• Organizing and/or participating in networking events and community outreaches.
• Participating in the development of Information, Education & Communication Campaigns
Job Skills: Not Specified
Academic qualifications and experience
• Bachelor of Laws. Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice is a must.
• Must be computer literate.
• Possession of a valid Practicing Certificate
• Possess at least 2 years’ experience in the related field.
• Strong writing and reporting Skills
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• High Communication skills
• High integrity
Job Education: Post Graduate Diploma
Job Experience: 2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed to the President sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position applied for in the subject matter. Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certiﬁed copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character. N.B: No hand delivery application will be accepted. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MCJL is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.