Jobs at:Samaritan’s Purse
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. .
VACANCY 2020-013: Logistics Officer, Kampala
Length of Contract
Job Summary The Logistics Officer will provide a broad range of logistical support (e.g. procurement, inventory, transportation, fleet, etc.) across all Samaritan’s Purse activities and operations in Uganda, ensuring timely and efficient delivery of goods, supplies and services at their intended destination.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Receive and fill procurement requests from SP offices in Uganda, DRC and South Sudan.
• Receive and inspect equipment, materials and supplies before dispatch to specified locations, ensuring quality control and specification conformity.
• Review and enforce service contracts.
• Process all customs duties pertaining to cargo and cross-border shipments.
• Prepare relevant logistics documentation (e.g. waybills, goods received notes, etc.) and maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all logistics activities.
• Monitor and track daily Samaritan’s Purse vehicle use, scheduling servicing and repairs and handling insurance issues as necessary.
• Maintain Samaritan’s Purse asset register, producing regular inventory reports.
• Conduct all activities in the most cost-effective and efficient manner, in line with Samaritan’s Purse, Government of Uganda and donor policies and best practices.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or other related discipline.
• Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in handling logistics within the NGO sector.
• Professional certification in procurement, logistics and transport an advantage.
• Full, clean, valid Ugandan driving license; knowledge of vehicle mechanics an advantage. • Functional geographical and working knowledge of Kampala.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented; good critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Commitment to excellence, integrity and stewardship of resources.
• Must agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit CV and cover letter (ONLY) by email to email@example.com or in hard copy to Samaritan’s Purse Uganda, Plot 126 Luthuli Avenue, Bugolobi; applications should be submitted strictly no later than 16:00 on Wednesday 21st October, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.