- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Brief on the Company Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda.
• Our Vision is: “Electricity Transmission for Sustainable Regional Development."
• Our Mission is: "To Buy, Transmit and Sell Quality Bulk Power."
UETCL is looking for suitably qualified Ugandans to fill immediately the vacant positions on the Organizational Structure and contribute to the mission of the Company while fulfilling their career ambitions.
Management Accountant (1 Post)
The position is located at Company Head Office. The successful applicant will report to the Senior Accountant Finance and Treasury.
The primary purpose is to prepare and analyze management accounting information, and to provide high quality support services to line managers/officers in the Company in budgetary management and control. .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts including high quality management Information, reports and financial analysis to the Management Team' in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
• Undertake investigation and work with the Management Team to correct budget performance.
• Plan and conduct comprehensive studies to identify inefficiencies and improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the Company and take lead in advising the implementation of any improvement.
• Perform statistical, cost and financial analysis of financial reports and data, and prepare recommendations for budget adjustments and other cost improvement measures for management attention.
• Provide advice on financial planning, economic and business risk management and reports to assist in such decision-making.
• Develop monthly reporting to include a rolling 12 month forecast.
• Direct stock takes exercise and reconciliation of Ledger balance, Inventory Control and physical balances.
Job Skills: Not Specified
The Person Specifications
The desired person should have the following essential requirements.
• A Bachelor's degree in Commerce or Business Administration or Finance or any other business related field.
• Part qualification and/ or membership of the internationally recognized professional institutions such as ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.
• Be able to work with any of the Sun Systems Accounting packages 5.2, 5.3 and or 5.4
• Able to work with basic computer software like Ms-office packages
• A minimum of three years post University qualification experience as Management Accountant in a commercial environment most preferably in Electricity Sector
• Excellent analytical ability Committed to meeting deadlines.
• Efficient and effective in administration
• Willing to work long hours
• Good IT skills
• Strong interpersonal good communication skills
• Team work and business awareness
Terms of Employment and Remuneration
• For position mentioned above:
• Appointment is on a five (5) year contract renewable based on performance.
• Attractive remuneration package that is competitive.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Commerce
Job Experience Requirements: three years
Job application procedure
Interested persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications certificates along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address, daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P.O. Box 7625
The closing date to receive applications is 07th February, 2020.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.