Marketing Officer -Main Campus – Nkozi
Jobs at:Uganda Martyrs University
Deadline of this Job:
15 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Marketing Officer (1 position) - Ext AD 22/4/2021
Organization: Uganda Martyrs University
Duty Station: Main Campus – Nkozi
Reports to: Head of Marketing and Public Relations
The marketing officer will carry out market research to gain a clear understanding of what UMU’s customers really want, identify new market opportunities, and help UMU create a market niche for its services. .
• To increase awareness by reaching out to potential students through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities;
• Establish linkages in Schools and promote the marketing and subsequent improvement in enrolment of Ugandan students;
• Establish linkages and promote the marketing and subsequent improvement in enrolment of international students for UMU Programmes;
• Ensure that UMU’s marketing messages and materials are appropriate, engaging, visually appealing, accurate and effective;
• Champion customer relationship management to build lasting relationships;
• Selling the University through promotional materials and souvenirs like calendars, Key holders, T-shirts, brochures etc.
• Identify opportunities for scholarships.
• Creating awareness and coordinating the process of taking on scholarships.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field
• 2+ years previous experience in marketing
• Excellent communication skills both orally and written
• Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and organize
• Proficient using Microsoft Suite and previous experience using other marketing soft ware’s (Dynamics, Excel, CRM)
• Team player who collaborates with ease and contagious creative energy
• Strategic vision and strong business acumen
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Copywriting and graphic/digital design experience preferred
• Advanced social media advertising experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should reach the Office of the Director, Human Resources by 15th May, 2021. All applications must be accompanied by up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references, copies of certified academic certificates and transcripts and current day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O Box 5498, Kampala
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.