- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator
Jobs at:Health Partners
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1) Your Resume or CV, 2) 3 references, 3) 1 data collection and analysis report that you have written, 4) 1 example of a data challenge that you were faced with and a data monitoring tool that you created and used to overcome that challenge, 5) 1 example of a data validation process that you used to ensure quality.
HEALTHPARTNERS Girl’s Center PROJECT
Girl’s Center is a sustainable cooperative business solution owned and managed by the stakeholders who invest in order to benefit. Local health cooperatives and pre-co-ops will receive support to open co-op centers co-located with or near their health facilities in Kampala, Mbarara, Gulu and Mbale. Each co-op Center will leverage cash and in-kind contributions investing in girls and young women age 10-19 with a focus on creating mentors, coordinating efforts and developing skills in reproductive health, income generation and savings, nutrition and gardening, leadership, accountability, governance and financial management. Co-op Girl’s Center activities include male engagement, health cooperative governance and new provider training. Centers will offer internet, research and resource libraries and simulation opportunities where stakeholders will be able to apply skills, learn from each other and pilot innovative technology solutions like Quick Response Codes for unique and cost effective member identification. The policy and systems development component, also led by national stakeholders, will enable the National Health Insurance Scheme to reach the informal sector sooner and more effectively by operationalizing governance, accountability, checks and balances, accreditation, data management, communication, regional training and collaboration, learning and adapting..
M&E Coordinator RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The M&E Coordinator is responsible for ensuring monthly collection and validation of program monitoring indicators. Data collection must be consistently tracked from month to month. Every data set must be validated for quality control in writing by a third party. The M&E Coordinator must be able to lead by example creating a culture that embraces and welcomes change because the data shows adapting will lead to greater outcomes and impact.
2. The M&E Coordinator monitors overall progress toward goals by investigating challenges using data, developing new data tracking tools to overcome challenges, leading training to use new tools, data collection, and organizing results to present results in narrative descriptions, diagrams, and tables to inform and build the capacity of target audiences. The M&E Coordinator will build staff and stakeholder capacity in data collection and use using Criterion Referenced Instruction principles. By the end of the project, measureable and observable evidence will show that cooperative stakeholders and Girl’s Center partners use data to make results-based decisions..
1. Bachelor’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, statistics, or related field.
2. Minimum three years experience in an M&E role for an international development, research organization, university or related organization.
3. Experience of having created and implemented monitoring tools and plans to meet program needs and overcome challenges.
4. Documented experience using at least three of the following or comparable methodologies: Lot Quality Assurance Sampling; Knowledge, Practice and Coverage surveys; Health Facility Assessments; Operational Viability and Capacity Assessment tools; METRICS; 30 Cluster sampling; BEHAVE framework; Doer Non-Doer Analysis; and/or conducting Focus group discussions with tables showing analysis and recommendations according to results.
5. Proven ability to train data collectors and stakeholders to collect timely, accurate data, compile it in a meaningful way and use data to adjust strategies to reach goals and improve outcomes and impact.
6. Exceptional ability to organize data in tables, graphs and presentations to make it meaningful for stakeholders ranging from those with no experience in data analysis to key decision makers at District and National levels.
7. Strong self motivation, desire to learn and interest in data results.
8. Ability to analyse data to determine priorities and key factors.
9. Ability to recognize and address potential gaps and challenges before they become problematic.
10. Proven ability to assess challenges and develop data collection tools to find solutions to complex problems.
11. Demonstrated ability to learn and adopt new strategies and tools from reading training manuals.
12. The ability to prioritize and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously is critical in this role.
13. This position is based in Gulu with travel to Kampla, Mbarara and Mbale.
MAJOR PLANNED ACTIVITIES
• Contribute to monthly tracking under the leadership of the M&E Manager
• From the project proposal, develop a document for each team member including the indicators that will measure that team member’s contribution to project goals and outcomes. Share M&E plans with staff individually and document their M&E capacity building and support needs with a plan to achieve capacity gols using measureable, observable indicators. Create a final document to be provided to the Chief of Party no later than 2 months after date of hire. Use this plan to build staff capacity during the first year.
• M&E Coordinator is a leadership position expected to be able to assess program data and processes to identify weaknesses and gaps. Research for data collection tools may be necessary or tools may need to be created to inform the best way forward.
• Use Criterion Referenced Instruction methodology to create training plans with pre and post tests that measure capacity of stakeholders to track and use data as needed to reach program goals
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full medical and dental benefits are included.
The M&E Coordinator reports to the M&E Manager.
Job Experience: Minimum three years
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.