- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Deadline of this Job:
10 July 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organisation Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. ( www.thejohanniter.org ) is a German Christian non-governmental organ-isation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, develop-ment co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects world-wide.
Job Location Kampala, in Uganda (with frequent visits to field sites).
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Job Summary: Johanniter’ s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) strategy aims to improve the quality and integrity of program delivery, ensure that programs/projects are responsive to the needs of affected populations, and meet donor requirements and standards of accountability. The MEAL Officer will work as part of Johanniter Uganda’s country team reporting directly to the Projects Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Head of Mission. Based in Kampala, the incumbent will lead the design of tailored tools and implement the projects monitoring, evaluation and learning plans for Nutrition, Health, WASH and related Livelihoods/food security projects. The MEAL Officer will work closely with the Field Partner MEAL staff in designing and implementing MEAL for their specific projects. And in particular, s/he will undertake the tasks outlined below:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN TASKS
1. Accountability and Monitoring Systems
• Develop and/or update MEAL tools, databases and reporting formats in close collaboration with the project teams/managers.
• Support Johanniter and the partner staff in field data collection and analysis including using advanced mobile data collection and analysis systems;
• Conduct data audits and analysis to ensure high quality data,
• Contribute to the rollout of Johanniter’s global strategic initiatives related to measurement & accountability, and enable reporting against Johanniter’s global standards and requirements.
• Monitor overall project implementation of Johanniter’s partners and provide feedback for their field office staff.
2. Assessment, Learning, and Documentation
• Participate in all other aspects of MEAL, for example surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
• Ensure relevant, timely, and quality projects support to the partners on assessments & evaluations; i.e. support in developing the survey tools, data analysis and report writing.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings with Johanniter’s and Partners’ projects teams on project monitoring and learning i.e. updates on projects progress on achievements & challenges for actions and reactions.
• Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities.
• Collect and file success stories, pictures, legal documents etc. and file
• Facilitate and participate in information sharing among Johanniter staff, partners & donors.
3. Capacity Building
• Advise Johanniter and partner staff on data management and storage
• Facilitate capacity building for other Johanniter and partner staff on skills/knowledge related to MEAL and accountability & learning, including related global strategies.
• Undertake regular visits to field locations to support monitoring and evaluation processes and contribute to the development and roll out of accountability processes. i.e. provide training, mentorship, technical assistance, while ensuring that accountability and learning tools and strategies are understood and being implemented effectively.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Development Planning, Public Health/Nutrition, Statistics, or related field from an accredited academic institution in Uganda
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in related field.
• Post-graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is added advantage;
• Previous experience working in a multi-sector INGOs for at least 3 years doing similar work
• Experience in conducting data collection exercises (Qualitative and Quantitative)
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite Excel, SPSS, STATA, KOBO, ODK or any other analytical software is preferred
• Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes, including SPHERE is preferred.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching, with Fluency in ENGLISH and other local languages;
• Strong organizational and collaboration skills required, with the ability to work independently and be self-directed, as necessary.
• Ability to meet deadlines, performing duties on time and possessing time
Job Education: Bachelor’s degree in Development Planning, Public Health/Nutrition, Statistics, or related field from an accredited academic institution in Uganda
Job Experience: 5+ years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “MEAL Officer” in the subject line of your e-mail and in the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.