Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2021
Date Posted: Monday, February 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24-hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy..
GOAL is currently seeking to hire experienced, qualified professionals to join our Uganda Young Africa Works Markets for Youth Programme team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO. If you are familiar with working in or with the Private Sector, in Finance or Agriculture, and have at least five years of experience in managing data collection and reporting, you are the one we are looking for!
We are looking for someone who is:
• Capable to support the development of an effective and informative MERL System. We want someone who contributes to the development of an effective and informative MERL system, that monitors our work, guides our work, and informs the required adaptations to our strategy.
• An inspiring Coach to his or her team members. We want someone who likes to get the best out of his or her M&E field team, by close supervision of their work, providing accurate mentoring.
• Strong at details. We want someone who is extremely critical and pays attention to small detail, who finds checking, double-checking data and documents a rewarding task.
• A flexible organizer. We want someone who solves problems and thinks of efficiency. You like to get things done. Your tasks will change as priorities often shift. You quickly adapt to new realities. We also need someone willing to take on technical as well as operational and administrative tasks. Being willing and able to support across these functions is critical.
• An energetic collaborator. You bring a positive, solutions focused attitude to work every day. This means that you reflect our values and share your positivity with your colleagues. You manage and build your team and collaborate with other colleagues, private sector partners, government institutions, academic fora. You work closely with the M&E staff of our partner CSOs.
• Most of all you bring a positive, can-do attitude. The YAW team members work hard and with a lot of energy and commitment; we want our colleagues to share in our successes and celebrations.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Post Graduate Diploma in M & E, Finance, Economics or Development Studies
• At least five years of significant experience in MERL, at least three years overseeing major surveys
• Experience with projects that use a Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work and build relationships with team members and partners from diverse backgrounds
• Good, demonstrable communication and presentation skills in English (both in written and spoken)
• Very strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to travel up to 50% of time from base
General terms and conditions
Code of Conduct and Accountability within GOAL
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has values and behaviours framework which defines our code of conduct. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability.
• Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
• Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
• Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 3 reference contacts (current and former Line Managers ) from the last three employers and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title “Monitoring & Evaluation Officer” in the subject line by 04th March 2021.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.