National Safeguarding Manager
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
23 October 2020
Date Posted: Friday, October 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
National Safeguarding Manager- Kampala.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resource and Administration, the National Safeguarding Manager ensures that Save the Children’s safeguarding policies and standards are effectively applied and upheld in the Uganda CO operations for both children and adults. He/she oversees activities to keep children and adults safe from all forms of abuse and exploitation in all of our work across the country. The Safeguarding Manager works with a team to reinforce safeguarding awareness, prevention, reporting and investigation. The role holder ensures that adequate procedures and practices are in place and builds capacity of staff and ensures compliance and accountability to management and donors..
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
• At least 5 years work experience in (Child) Protection, GBV/PSEA or related field, in an (I)NGO;
• Experience in child protection/safeguarding practice in humanitarian setting;
• Leadership experience within an INGO or similar other organisation working with vulnerable communities and children or with similar experience within Save the Children;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce good quality documents, reports, information for a variety of audiences and communicate good practices;
• Experience of planning and undertaking training programmes/workshops in protection/ safeguarding at a range of levels (e.g. field workers, managers, senior managers and decision makers)
• Experience of managing as well as undertaking complex child protection/safeguarding investigations and or disciplinary investigations
• Multi-disciplinary experience of working successfully with senior managers in other parts of own/partner’s organisation to deliver major operational change with a track record of delivering results to high standards.
• Knowledge of and commitment to children’s rights.
• Influencing skills, including ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy).
• Self-sufficient, proactive self-motivating work styles.
• Ability to provide long distance support and establish supportive relationships and networks.
• Ability to deliver results against demanding timetables and in the face of competing demands.
• Ability to travel and work within challenging environments.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
• We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 23rd October 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.