Jobs at:Forum for Women in Democracy(FOWODE)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women's non governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE birthed and launched SPEAK FM in 2012. The Radio is a non-partisan community radio based in Gulu whose aim is to reach thousands of people in the greater Acholi and Lango sub-region, empowering then to champion issues of gender equality, democracy, civic education, participation and livelihoods through excellent broad cast for better choices.
SPEAK FM Radio wishes to add to her team in Gulu, competent, results driven, dynamic and selfdriven individuals and is seeking applications to fill the vacant posts.
Position: News Editor
Reports to: Station Manager
The News Editor is accountable for all news output for a service or geographical area; creating a vision and strategic path for news and current affairs by providing effective and inspiring editorial and people leadership
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensuring that all output delivers an audience focused and authoritative service across all platforms while retaining the highest editorial standards.
2. Stimulating creativity, promoting collaboration, and engendering trust through positive strategies and by setting a strong personal example.
3. Ensuring effective deployment of resources and exploitation of new technology to create a culture of innovation and value for money, while inspiring all journalistic staff to achieve excellence.
4. Ensure that the department meets all financial targets and objectives and that best value for money is delivered to the audience.
5. To manage a team of journalists and program makers and provide a strong sense of direction and a supportive environment in which to work.
6. To lead and navigate teams successfully through organizational change.
• Extensive professional journalistic experience and sound editorial judgement within news and current affairs broadcasting.
• Strong understanding of current markets, trends and issues within the news media sector and knowledge of news output as well as that of competitors.
• In-depth and comprehensive understanding of broadcasting regulations and standards
• A convincing and persuasive communicator, required to modify beliefs and opinions of teams, as well as senior stakeholders, able to establish effective and collaborative relations across the station and the listenership, stakeholders where required.
• A Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Mass communication with post graduate qualification Radio broadcasting and Editorial management.
• Must have at least 3 years editorial experience
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
It is desirable that candidates know both Luo and English. However, lack of knowledge of Luo will not be a determinant for suitable candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and curriculum vitae to the following link on the FOWODE website. Suitably qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent not later than 20" November 2020 at 5.00pm. Please do not attach your academic documents.
We do appreciate your interest to work with SPEAK FM. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.