Jobs at:LWF World Service
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWF Uganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, IOM, UNFPA, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BfTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors.
For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService .
Ensures that nutrition is effectively integrated in LWF Uganda’s multi sectoral program in Palorinya- Obongi district and runs effectively, efficiently to meet and align to our Country strategy ‘For Hope and a Future’.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Track and improve Nutrition indicators Monitored and Evaluated in the nutrition interventions contributing to LWF’s Country strategic objectives;
• Work with the Nutrition Officer to initiate, coordinate and the planning of the sector’s specific project activities in liaison with other sectors to ensure integration and optimal utilization of project resources;
• In liaison with the Nutrition Officer, Nutritionists and Health Facility in-charges, promotes active community participation in nutrition sensitive interventions collaborating stakeholders such as relevant local authorities, community leaders, cooperating/ implementing partners, and other stakeholders where appropriate in order to achieve the Zero Hunger objective,
• Undertake impact assessment using participatory approach for all beneficiaries to determine the relevance and impact of the project assistance/interventions and propose improvements;
• Build the capacity of field teams including community health workers through refresher and mentorship trainings and actively participating in health facility engagements including integrated community outreaches
• Supervises and supports field staff at Health Centre and community level for the effective implementation of Nutrition and Food security activities.
• Prepare periodical work plans, report on sector activities and ensure that the Project’s objectives/outputs are achieved according to the work plans and within the contracted project period according to donor guidelines.
• Ensures effective planning, budgeting, management, coordination, monitoring by visits to project areas and communities;
• Identifies marginalized individuals and groups, and local NGOs which share the project’s objectives, receives and assesses their proposals and ideas, and recommends viable self-help initiatives and areas of integration to the Senior Nutritionist for appropriate action;
• Prepares monthly reports that are timely, complete and accurate for the donor and Ministry of Health;
• Performs any other official duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Nutritionist, or his/her designate.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
The Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or Public Health with minimum of 1 years’ experience in nutrition, public health or related health implementation; Demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementation of community Nutrition, IYCF MCHN with ability to articulate linkages with health sensitive programs and SBCC approaches;Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills; Good interpersonal, excellent negotiation and communication skills; Information Technology (MS Office, EXCEL, Internet); Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines; Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently and a Valid riding license
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants visit: https://lutheranworld.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uy26/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.