Operational Research Coordinator
Jobs at:Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Deadline of this Job:
14 August 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
Medicines dispensed to patients in operational contexts like OPD and mass drug administration campaigns are packed in plastic bags. Each bag containing one type of drug only; every patient gets as many bags as the number of prescribed medicines.
These bags are brought back home by patients and then degrade step by step into micro plastics, polluting homes and environments.
The purpose of this innovative support is to search and propose a more planet-friendly OPD packaging material bio-sourced and biodegradable.
The overall objective of this position is to search and identify Biotechnology enterprises or alternative sources in local and regional contexts for adaptive solutions with a lower environmental impact.
MSF is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below;
Job: OPERATIONAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR
Duty station: KAMPALA, UGANDA
Start of work: September 1st,2021
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the Project Management Team (Health Services Unit / Medical Department Geneva, Logistique Department Geneva, and SUKA Kampala)
• Participate in all meetings and actively contributing to discussions on the running of the project and the definition of its objectives.
• Provide technical support to the Project Management Team on alternative solutions to dispensing plastic bags used in MSF projects.
• In collaboration with the Project Management Team, design technical specificities of the product.
• Search for suitable raw materials (bio-sourced and biodegradable) that can be used instead of plastic. Propose and justify alternative materials to be tested.
• With a designed regional focal point in Uganda (SUKA), launch a company screening process (through a web search e.g., Start-up Networks Accelerators, National Industrial Directories…) and identify potential companies of interest. The scope of the search will be regional and continental.
• Search and identify potential partners (Local Universities, Industries/Start-up) for designing a testing protocol of the item.
• Contact identified companies (with focal point) for feasibility concerns and further actions (audits of industrial and environmental practices of potential partners, sourcing, and nature of the raw materials considered, commercial approach, minimal sustainable production, etc…)
• Prepare a business plan and an agreement to be proposed for signature between MSF-OCG and partners (industrial company selected and testing partner if different from producing company)
• Follow-up of the project implementation through a pilot MSF-OCG project and the analysis of performance indicators.
Qualified medical/paramedical or technology/Engineering field
Experience in developing countries and MSF set-ups Experience in technology research
English, local language and French is strong asset
• Strategic Vision and planning
• Technical assessment capacities
• Teamwork and Cooperation
Open-minded, diplomatic, and good communication skills
Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team in a multi-cultural environment
6 months’ renewable according to the outcome and project evolution
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV merged in a SINGLE PDF to the HR department via email to email@example.com by August 14th 2021, at 17:00 EAY, with the title of the position as the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted. No monetary, goods, or service offers or favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the Justice System.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.