- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Operations and Logistics Officer
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position : Operations and Logistics Officer (OLO PACT-006)
Reports to : Project Administrator
Duty Station : Moroto
The holder of this position will be a multi-skilled person who will support the Finance and Operations Manager different project thematic areas according to need. He/she will work closely with the finance and administrative team within PACT-Karamoja project, IDI HQ operations team as well as project thematic areas according to need. He/she will work closely with the finance and administrative team within PACT-Karamoja project, IDI HQ operations team as well as the Procurement team at IDI to ensure timely submission of procurement requests, tracking of all purchases and Inventory and Stock management to support areas related to operations of the project. The person will also be expected to support PACT-Karamoja mobile operations at the various locations within Karamoja sub-region..
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor orders in the pipeline and update the finance and operations manager for PACT-Karamoja
• In collaboration with the project administrator, support establishment and maintenance of a procurement tracking system and filing of the necessary paperwork for all purchases
• Work closely with the project pharmacy logistics team and regional Office F&As to coordinate preparation and distribution of supplies within project offices and from project offices to support facilities and/or districts in Karamoja regions.
• Support inventory management of supplies at the regional office storage unit.
• Coordinate courier Services for emergency transportation of supplies between Karamoja and other supported districts or vice versa.
• Support the logistics team (warehouse and pharmacy logistics) at IDI HQ in storage of project related supplies, arrangement of transportation to the region and actively participate in the provision of weekly/monthly/quarterly/ annual updates
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Diploma in procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
• Minimum of two years' experience working with health systems strengthening projects
• Working experience in institutional development and conversant working with MOH systems.
• Good report writing and communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 31st January, 2020. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com ).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The Senior Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute - IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P. O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.