Jobs at:Raising The Village (RTV)
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2021
Date Posted: Monday, May 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting To: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Years of Experience 2+
Position Type: Assistant
Travel Required 30%
About Raising The Village
Raising The Village (RTV) is a non-profit organization on a mission to end ultra-poverty in last-mile rural communities in Sub-Saharan Africa. Currently operating in Uganda, RTV's programs address multi-dimensional poverty in remote farming communities in the areas of WASH, water, health, agriculture and livestock among others. To find out more, visit: www.raisingthevillage.org
The Operations Assistant (OA) will be a member of the operations team reporting to the Procurement and Logistics Officer. The OA will support procurement of agricultural and livestock inputs, program supplies, and office supplies; fleet and transport management, inventory management, and office administrative duties to ensure that all services, facilities and utilities are in good condition at all times.
• Assist with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery in accordance with our policies and procedures.
• Assist the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services
• Coordinate with vendors and ensure all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment and, follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
• Ensure an accurate and detailed monthly procurement tracking
• Assist in receiving goods, checking and distribution, when required.
• Effective coordination with implementation and Finance teams for procurement, logistics and operations.
• Arrange accommodation and/or transportation for staff/visitors, when required.
• Take inventory and ordering office supplies as needed.
• Updating logs and order forms.
• Ensure office management by monitoring and maintain the overall office cleanliness, orderliness, office supplies and stationery.
• Assist in welcoming and managing visitors, vendors and staff
• Assist in handling RTV offices monthly utilities and running costs.
• Manage the central communication line such as telephone, parcels or postal mail to the destination.
• Maintain and keep track of office equipment (LCD, Video, Camera, Copy machines).
• Coordinate with and support relevant teams for any procurement, logistics or operational issues.
• Assisting Procurement and Logistics, and operations teams in general support, when required.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Position Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Technical Oversight: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Works with: HR, Finance, Operations and Program Staff
Support to: HR, Finance, Operations and Program Staff
Position directly supervises: N/A
Bachelor degree in a related field.
• Demonstrated experience in procurement, administration and/or operational support role
• Experience in working with NGO is an advantage.
• Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Quick learner with the interest and ability to assume new roles on a frequent basis.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
• Knowledge of filing methods and record keeping to maintain accurate information in alphabetical, chronological, and/or numerical order
• Detail oriented
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to exercise judgment and initiative
• Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to respond quickly to program needs
• Computer literate with strong word and excel skills
• Fluency in English both spoken and written
• RTV is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.