- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Operations Research Officer
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2020
Date Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Operations Research Officer (ORO PACT-007)
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor
Duty Station: Moroto
The Operations Research Officer will work closely with the Senior Operations Research Advisor and the consortium partners mandated to conduct operations research to implement the collaborating, learning and adaptation (CLA) plan for PACT-Karamoja. S/he will support implementation of project research activities and provide assistance to district and regional teams in conducting operations research to improve the delivery of TB care services Karamoja sub-region. The Operations Research Officer will also work closely with the Senior Operations Research Advisor and the technical teams to document and disseminate the results of project specific research activities..
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Actively participate in the development and implementation of the overall project protocol to evaluate the impact of key interventions of the PACT-Karamoja project. Work closely with the IDI internal monitoring and regulatory framework to have all USAID PACT-Karamoja protocols approved as per institutional and national regulatory framework before data abstraction and/or study enrolment
• Develop standard operating procedures for all studies that will be implemented in the PACT-Karamoja project.
• Compile and maintain up-to-date regulatory files for all protocols implemented in the USAID PACT-Karamoja project
• Prepare quarterly and annual progress reports for all research protocols being implemented as part of USAID
• Participate in the implementation of major project evaluations (baseline, mid-term and endline evaluations)
• Participate in the analysis of project, documentation and dissemination of results of operations research activities at sub-national, national and international conferences.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or Biostatistics Proven experience in conducting operations research evidenced by submission of abstracts to national or international conferences.
A certificate in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) international conferences.
• A certificate in Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
• Previous experience drawing up SOPs for research activities.
• Previous experience coordinating research studies at district or community level.
• Qualitative and quantitative analytic skills coupled with
proven ability in using visuals like graphs, charts, maps, and GIS required. Previous experience with dissemination of scientific research as evidenced by at least one publication in peer reviewed journals
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 31st January, 2020. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com ).
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The Senior Human Resource Manager Infectious Diseases Institute - IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main Campus College of Health Sciences, Makerere University P. O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.