- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Part Time Driver
Jobs at:Elimination of Child Labour in Tobacco growing areas (ECLT Foundation)
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 04, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organizational Background: The Elimination of Child Labour in Tobacco growing areas (ECLT Foundation) is a Non Government Organisation committed to collaborative solutions for children and their families that combat the root causes of child labour in tobacco growing communities The ECLT Foundation is registered in Uganda as an NGO, registration Number. MIA/NB/2019/08/3105. The Foundation brings together different stakeholders involved in supply of agricultural and other commodities including tobacco, tea, sugarcane, coffee, oil and gas, applying area based approach.
The ECLT Foundation promotes and advances responsible business practices that are in line with the international standards as well as contributing to the 2030 agenda for sustainable development. The ELCT Foundation works in more than 10 countries around the Globe. Since 2004, the ECLT Foundation has been working in Uganda in collaboration with the national and local Government, the trade unions, employers, civil society organizations, and local communities to remove and prevent children from child labour, enroll them in school and to promote the full realization of the rights of children and their families in agricultural communities.
ECLT Foundation set up a permanent office in Uganda, Hoima district that works in direct collaboration with stakeholders to advance the following efforts:
• Child Labour Research: Design and advance a new baseline research on child labour in the region that contemplates the recent impact of the petroleum industry within Hoima District and its implications on child labour.
• Increase awareness on child labour: Awareness raising will be targeted to address identified gaps within the region on child labour, what it is, how it is defined and what to do once child labour is found (see below) Strengthening a local referral system:
• To strengthen and support District mechanisms for children and families to receive needed services to keep them in school and out of hazardous child labour.
• Capacity building: Including induction of District child protec tion officers and/or workers to align the referral system.
• Strengthening coordination amongst private sector: Include ing identifying practices under existing CSR initiatives to support a standardization and implementing best practices in addressing child labour throughout the region
• Mapping activities: Map out localized referral systems to better coordinate responses to address gaps.
• Resource mobilization: Look at the essence of resource mobilization and synergies with other partners to promote sustainable strategies
• Ensure linkages and connectivity between national child labour priorities and localized activities ECLT affiliate office is seeking committed and dedicated professionals as below to join us in our mission of making a better life for children
POSITION: Part Time Driver
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer
Job Role: Transportation of project staff to assigned places and deliver office documents/items to different places safely within the organizational guidelines. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Minimum Qualification: "O level, able to speak English
Minimum experience: Five years with valid, clean and defensive driving permit
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees along with academic transcripts, certificates to Executive Director via, Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Application deadline: 12 February, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.