- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Part Time Project Officer
Jobs at:Publish What You Pay (PWYP)
Deadline of this Job:
12:00 noon on 23rd August 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 , Base Salary: $ 1,000- 1,500 Gross Salary
Publish What You Pay (PWYP) is a global membership-based Coalition of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in over forty countries across the world. PWYP works to reduce poverty, combat corruption, protect basic human rights and promote economically, socially and environmentally sustainable development through the transparent management of the oil, gas and mining (extractive) sector. PWYP engages at all stages of the extractive sector value chain to support research and promote training, learning and access to information by citizens. PWYP is recruiting for the following position:
REPORTS TO : Regional Coordinator (East and South Africa)
SUPERVISES : This post has no supervisory responsibility
The purpose of the Project Offi cer is to support the PWYP Regional Coordinator (East and Southern Africa) in implementing various programme activities in East and Southern Africa; and responsible for monitoring timely implementation of agreed project work plans. In addition, the role is responsible for compiling information on implementation progress and updating the PWYP Secretariat; reviewing fi nancial reports in line with pre- agreed reporting guidelines; and participating in implementation of activities at national and regional level. This is a part time role, working three days a week, based in Kampala, Uganda..
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Result Area
• Contribute towards the implementation of PWYP programme activities , ensuring that the desired results, and fi nal impact, are achieved on time and to standard.
• Support coalition activities, through the implementation of interventions / action plans for bridging fi nancial capacity gaps that have been identifi ed during project assessments / due diligence assessments/ quarterly reviews/ follow ups.
• Provide Administrative and logistical support to the ESA Regional Offi ce in the management and coordination of PWYP events / activities/ including the development of dissemination of material to external / internal stakeholders.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration; Public Administration
• Project Management Certifi cation (added advantage)
Technical Experience & Knowledge
• At least 5 years of programmatic experience in the development sector with exposure to project management and project fi nance
• Familiarity with the regional and global extractive industry transparency movement is an added advantage
• Offi ce administration experience including devising and managing complex processes to ensure smooth operations within an offi ce or project environment
• Excellent writing and communication skills, including producing project reports and minute taking
• Fluency in English is essential (written and spoken)
• Proven organisational and planning skills
• Ability to work under pressure to a high level of accuracy
• Willingness to travel up to 70%
• Profi ciency in Offi ce Suites (Experience using Google applications an added advantage) Contract Period is 18 months.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration; Public Administration
Job Experience Requirements: At least 5 years of programmatic experience in the development sector with exposure to project management and project fi nance
Job application procedure
Please make applications by clicking on the link https://pwyp.hrmagic.co/careers and follow the instructions. Deadline for all submissions is 12:00noon on 23rd August 2019. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
All applicants must have the right to work in Uganda.
For more information on PWYP, visit our website www.pwyp.org