- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
PEO-Continuous Assessment (CA)
Jobs at:Uganda National Examinations Board
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the Job:
To head the Division handling all activities relating to coordinating Continuous Assessment of learners at all the examination levels in order to make assessment holistic, more valid and reliable, hence improving the National quality and standards of education. .
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinating the production and or developing of the section work-plan, budget and procurement plan and producing quarterly performance reports
• Developing curriculum based criterion referenced Tests for the CA programme in the schools at all levels.
• Training subject panels in analysing Continuous Assessment with a view to setting criteria and areas of assessment.
• Developing teachers' guides on how to use Continuous Assessment and designing appropriate data forms (Scholastic and score cards) Training teachers in the use of the CA materials.
• Generating valid and reliable test items to all Schools in Uganda where Continuous Assessment is required.
• Determining the modalities of incorporating CA scores into terminal assessments at all examination levels.
• Supervising staff in the CA section, conducting staff performance appraisals and making appropriate recommendations.
• Liaison with the relevant departments of the MoE & S and the other related Agencies on matters of continuous assessment.
Key Performance Indicators
• Tests developed, protect and distributed to all schools in the country.
• Training materials developed and teachers oriented at coordinating Centre level on the use of the tests.
• Implementation plan (roadmap) for CA agreed on and implemented. • Appropriate data forms designed.
• Teachers, tutors, Inspectors of Schools, education administrators and other educationists sensitized.
• Teachers' guides on how to use Continuous Assessment developed.
• Modalities for incorporating Continuous
• Assessment in terminal assessment worked out and determined.
• Staff in the Division supervised and appraised annually.
Key Decision Making
• Section work plan and budget.
• Procedures for developing criterion referenced Tests 1
• Appropriate training materials and formats of the data forms to be used.
• Sansitization and training programs
• Brainstorming sessions on strategies and modalities
• Staff appraisal recommendations.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Hons Bachelor's degree in either education or Arts /Sciences with a post graduate diploma in education or the equivalent.
• Masters' degree in Education with specialized training in Educational Management Measurement and evaluation/Research methodology 1 statistical analysis or curriculum Development Continuous Assessment.
• Registered teacher with at least 5 years of teaching experience.
• Minimum of nine (9) years' experience in examinations management or related work, and at least three of which should have been at the level of a senior officer in a reputable educational institution.
• Track record of sound management skills.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Measurement and evaluation.
• Excellent communications, public relations and negotiation skills
• Computer literate especially in word processing, and spreadsheets
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity
Terms of Service:
• Permanent Age limit: 40 - 50 years
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees in hard spit's the delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org , NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 20 March 2020.
The Executive Secretary
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way - Ntinda
PO Box 7066 - KAMPALA
*NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.