- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
PEO-Test Development (Primary)
Jobs at:Uganda National Examinations Board
Deadline of this Job:
20 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: PEO-Test Development (Primary) - I position
Responsible to: Manager Examinations Development
Responsible for: SEO - Test Deployment (Primary).
Salary Scale: EB 3L
Purpose of the job:
To head the Division handling all activities relating to coordinating the generation of Test Items for the Primary Leaving Examinations, .
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinating the production of section work-plans, budget and procurement plan and producing quarterly performance reports
• Coordinating and supervising the Test Development Section, by ensuring that all subjects to be examined at PLE are properly and adequately covered and questions set are within the approved syllabi
• Making recommendations to recruit item writers and organize item writers' workshops.
• Organizing the moderation of Test items and maintaining a viable question paper's bank with utmost confidentiality.
• Planning and coordinating Awards committee meetings.
• Participating in the curriculum review with the Curriculum Development Centre, Coordinating and supervising the production of Report on candidate's work.
• Reviewing examination questions and candidate's performance evaluation reports for management decisions.
• Appraising the performance of test development staff and recommending appropriate actions.
Key Performance Indicators
• Section work plan, Budget and procurement plan made. Lists of recruited item writers Number of sets of raw test items generated in a year.
• Number of sets of camera-ready examinations test papers banked.
• Report on PLE awards meetings.
• PLE reports on candidates' work compiled.
• Section quarterly performance reports prepared. Senior Examinations Officers performance appraisal reports are made.
Key Decision Making –
• Procedures for instruments development. .
• Section quarterly performance report format
• Strategies for improvements
• Appraisal reports and recommendations
Job Skills: Not Specified
Person specification • Hons Bachelor's degree in either Primary methods education or Arts /Sciences with a post graduate diploma in education or the equivalent.
• Masters' degree in Education with specialized training in Primary methods education or Measurement and evaluation or curriculum Development.
• Registered teacher with at least 5 years of teaching experience.
• Minimum of nine (9) years' experience in examinations management or related work, and at least three of which should have been at the level of a senior officer in a reputable educational institution.
• Track record of sound management skills.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in examinations management. .
• Excellent communications, public relations and negotiation skills
• Computer literate especially in word processing, and spreadsheets
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity
Terms of Service:
Permanent Age limit: 40 - 50 years
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees in hard spit's the delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org , NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 20 March 2020.
The Executive Secretary
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way - Ntinda
PO Box 7066 - KAMPALA
*NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.