- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Political Economy Analyst
Jobs at:Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
Deadline of this Job:
26 March 2020
Date Posted: Monday, March 16, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background of the DGF: The Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) is a multi-donor funding mechanism aimed at strengthening governance, promoting and protecting human rights, enhancing access to justice, and improving accountability in Uganda by working with state and non-state institutions at national, regional and district levels throughout the country. It is funded by Austria, Denmark, European Union, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. Read more about DGF here: www.dgt.ug.
Job Title: Political Economy Analyst (national contract)
Duty Station: Democratic Governance Facility Management Unit (FMU) in Kampala
Main purpose of the job:
Realizing that the working environment of the DGF and its partner’s changes continuously, the DGF has opted for an ongoing political economy analysis (PEA) to inform learning processes and strategic programme adaptations at FMU. Steering Committee and DGF Board levels. Although first steps have been taken in implementing PEA and adaptive programming at the DGF, there is an established need to strengthen the implementation of both, by creating a new position fully focussed on driving political economy analysis as a basis for more systematic and evidence-based adaptive programming. The main responsibility of the political economy analyst is to look across the full breadth of the DGF's work to ensure that regular analysis on key issues is being produced which will inform adaptations in programming under the three spheres and DGF dialogue with the government.
Reporting to the Head of Facility, the Political Economy Analyst will work closely with the sphere teams, the monitoring and evaluation specialists and the communication unit to collect and analyze information from DGF partners, media and other stakeholders related to democratic governance in Uganda at different administrative levels and in different sectors. The Incumbent will offer thorough analyses of the key governance issues of interest to DGF, with a particular focus on thematic and geographic areas where DGF is currently supporting partners to inform current and potential new programming making programming more realistic and effective. .
• Conduct on-going analysis of information related to the root causes of weak democratic governance in Uganda as obtained from DGF implementing partners and other relevant data sources, resulting in recommendations for consideration in programme review and organizational development
• Providing the FMU, SC and Board with a regular flow of analyses on key topics related to the DGF's mandate, focusing not only at the national level but at all • administrative levels.
• Build and maintaining functional working relationships with key economic and political actors in state, non-state partners and multinational organizations
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Graduate Degree in a relevant subject Political Science, Political Economy, Public Administration, Public Policy, International Policy, law, Social Science, Development Studies in related
• At least 5 years of experience democracy and governance programming
• At least 5 years’ expertise in collecting analyzing, and documenting PEA data and Information in different sectors and at different administrative levels
Job Education: Graduate Degree
Job Experience: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please email your Application letter, Curriculum Vitae including names, email addresses, and telephone contact details of three (3) work related referees to:
Please clearly indicate the job title in the email subject line.
Do not attach academic documents.
Address your applications to;
The Head of Facility,
Democratic Governance Facility,
P.O. Box 8772, Kampala - Uganda.
Closing date: Thursday, 26 March 2020
FOR FULL DETAILS ON THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE ABOVE POSITION, KINDLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE "www.dgf.ug" under "OPPORTUNITIES."
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for Interviews will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. DGF an equal opportunity employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.