Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
12 December 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting To: Program Manager (NA)
Location: Southwestern region/Mbarara
Years of Experience Minimum 5 years
Travel Required: 80%
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator will work closely with the National and International leadership team, and District Heads to define and execute on all initiatives supporting programmatic work and key organizational priorities within RTV and its partner stakeholders, including government and communities. The Project Coordinator is someone who is passionate about community development and international development and creating an environment of opportunity for both the organization and staff.
This role requires creativity, exceptional organizational skills, an eye for detail, project management, analytical and critical thinking skills. A need for high emotional intelligence to successfully work and collaborate across all departments and communicate with all colleagues within RTV. Essential to the role is the ability to be self-motivated, manage workload seamlessly, and have an innovative approach to executing priorities. Frequent travel to RTV’s field offices and our districts of operations will be required..
● Program planning and implementation;
● Review and track work plans and weekly progress reports, identification of risks and issues and program timeline adherence;
● Summary reporting to the Program Manager and other management colleagues on a weekly and/or as needed basis of key program priorities, areas of attention and escalations;
● Participate weekly field management meetings remotely or in person when possible, identifying key areas of attention and concern;
● Track and review financial reports and support District Heads with budget monitoring and project reporting compliance;
● Conduct regular reviews of program performance and progress for proactive risk mitigation
● Provide program updates for donors and other communications as required;
● Provide contributions and feedback to project designs and methodologies; identification for opportunities for increased impact
● Work with District Heads and Regional Managers to ensure all programmatic pieces are facilitated and donor visits are scheduled and supported;
● Review and provide feedback, suggest edits for all district reports before submission;
● Actively participate and facilitate program reviews across all districts and ensure that the reviews inform future project development and are used to improve project implementation;
● Provide administrative support to Program Manager and coordinate various programmatic tasks –including but not limited recruitment and onboarding of new program staff;
● Coordinate, organize and support with facilitation of RTV programmatic workshops and training as might be required..
Required Skills and Expertise
● Experience in project design, budgeting and project management;
● Fluent in local dialects in areas where RTV works would be considered an asset;
● Understanding of core project management skills and concepts; and strong written skills
● Strong Computer Skills with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically Word and Excel;
● Able to travel 80% of time;
● Ability to ride a motorbike for long distances in hard terrains would be considered an asset.
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English;
● Strong training & facilitation skills;
● Excellent organizational and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
● Accurately completes multiple tasks while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
● Strong interpersonal skills;
● Reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic;
● Able to work as part of a team and create a sense of cohesion within teams;
● Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and to keep a positive attitude in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
● University Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Project planning and Development, Community Development, or related fields;
● Masters or Post Graduate Diploma in Project planning and Management will be an added advantage;
● Minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience.
Job Education Requirements: University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Five (5) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please follow this link for the application procedure: https://forms.gle/Z18nU2YVGKBGSCxg7
The deadline for applying for this job is 16th December 2020 at 5:00PM EAT.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.