- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Aga Khan Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
17 April 2020
Date Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Title: Program Manager West Nile
Travel: 30% travel to Moyo 10% to Kampala and other
About the Aga Khan Foundation
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967. AKF is a private, not-for-profit international development agency that seeks to provide long-term solutions to society's problems. AKF has a special focus on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity, and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. AKF‘s primary areas of focus are; Education; Early Childhood Development (ECD); Health and Nutrition; Civil Society; Agriculture and Food Security; and Economic inclusion.
The Program Manager will provide overall leadership of AKF's growing portfolio in the West Nile region of Uganda. immediate responsibilities will focus on the successful inception, start-up, and on-going management of two new Global Affairs Canada (GAG) supported education programmes both delivered in partnership with other organisations including Aga Khan Development Network sister agencies and World University Service of Canada (WUSC). These programmes focus on dismantling the barriers to education and learning for all children with an explicit focus on enhancing the t host communities to have the abilities and opportunities to learn and actively participate in and contribute to a pluralistic society..
• Lead the inception and start-up two multi-year GAC funded education protects, including the Protect implementation Planning (PIP) processes
• Lead the protect management cycle for all AKF protects in West Nile ensuring all workplans, implementation, and reports comply with donor requirements
• Ensure all protect funds are fully accounted tor and financial reports and documentation are accurate and in-line with protect delivery.
• Ensure all narrative and ﬁnancial reports are submitted through AKF's reporting structure on time and with quality
• Effectively manage a cross-organisational team to deliver a coordinated and impactful projects that meet the project aims and needs of the girls, boys, and communities the project services
• Ensure all protect management processes comply with AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies.
• Ensure the M&E team have established and operationalised the project M&E frameworks and tools to ensure high quality M&E compliant with donor minimum requirements.
• Ensure M&E team effectively establish a high-quality cross programme M&E data management system integrating ICT where appropriate.
• Collaborate with AKF East Africa (EA) senior leadership and technical advisers to establish and manage a gender responsive programme quality system to assess programme quality and protect decisions, interventions, and proposed changes are informed by data and evidence ability of vulnerable primary aged and adolescent girls living in refugee and
• Conduct protect site visits to valproate project quality
Learning and Communications
• in collaboration with M&E team, lead on ensuring project learning is effectively communicated internally to the project team, AKF EA senior leadership, and relevant technical advisors.
• Lead on communicating protect learning to external stakeholders including local and national government, development partners (including UNHCR), local civil society, and the communities and schools in which AKF is operating
• Manage operational partnership with AKDN sister agencies, project partners, and other implementing partners to ensure the smooth delivery of all protects
• Actively seek out and identity partnership opportunities able to increase AKF’s impact in West Nile Uganda. Contribute to developing these opportunities into new programmes
• Establish and develop positive and collaborative partnerships with government and non-government organisations operating in the education space in West Nile. This will include representing AKF at local and West Nile regional events
Required Experience and Skills
• Graduate degree in social development or other relevant field, post-graduate highly desirable
• Proven experience in managing social programming in challenging contexts. Minimum of five years at senior project management level
• Proven experience in managing large projects and high-impact consortium partnerships, including managing project teams
• Proven experience of managing diverse budgets and financial management capacity. Previous GAG experience preferable
• Proven experience of operating in refugee and crisis contexts
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of gender and social inclusion issues and proven experience of delivering programmes that explicitly address these inequalities
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of child and community safe-guarding issues and proven experience of operationalising relevant policies and procedures
• Strong ICT skills and experience operating with Microsoft and emerging new Software
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: degree
Job Experience: five years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a two-page cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 12 noon on Friday 17th April 2020. E-mail these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Programme Manager, West Nile’ in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.