Jobs at:Restless Development
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Programme coordinator
About Restless Development.
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
We have operated in Uganda since 1997. Our work is guided by four goals set out by young people; (1) Voice: we recognize that young people have a voice and that participation is only meaningful when linked to power. (2) Living: We support young people to achieve a decent living and hold governments accountable for investing in youth-driven sustainable economies. (3) Sexual, Reproductive and Health Rights: We support young people to make positive choices about their health. and (4) Leadership: We empower young people and communities to prevent and lead the response to emerging crises, we make sure that this is part of a wider approach to invest in young people to build long-term resilience and sustainability through community mobilization.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organization!
About the Role.
Restless Development Uganda is seeking to recruit one talented individual to coordinate all activities relating to our project “Countering Corruption through Increased Youth-led Budget Advocacy’’. The programme is being implemented with support from Ford Foundation across 4 districts of Eastern Uganda (Buyende,Kaliro, Bugweri and Bugiri), national level and in the East African countries of Kenya and Tanzania. The programme objective focuses on strengthening youth-led budget monitoring and advocacy for transparent governance in Uganda and Eastern Africa.
Specifically, the project will promote a youth led approach to building the capacity of young people in budget literacy, take lead on budget monitoring in their communities to inform their budget advocacy efforts at local, national and East African levels. It will also strengthen the voice, leadership and civic participation of diverse young people in budgeting processes, so that there is increased transparency in public spending, reduced corruption and more responsiveness of public delivery systems towards the needs of Ugandan and East African citizens.
Supported by the Programmes Manager-Voice, the Programme Coordinator will oversee the successful delivery of this initiative at the local government, national level and at the East African levels (Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania) and working closely with Young Accountability advocates, and Civil Society.
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Graduate-level Degree in relevant field of study (Advocacy, Social work, social sciences, development studies) or equivalent work experience. Post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
• Experience in Budget Advocacy
• Experience in managing and reporting against programme budgets
• Experience managing staff, including line and performance management
• At least 3 years of experience managing similar programmes including significant experience in designing and delivery of youth-led research and youth-led advocacy programme
• Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage local/national/regional partnerships
• Ability to analyse problems and make sound operational decisions
• Excellent organizational skills and methodological approach to programme management
• Excellent budget management skills
• VALID RIDING PERMIT
• Experience in writing policy briefs, budget framework papers and other materials for external audiences
• Experience in M&E systems and research
• Experience in lobby and advocacy programmes
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), fluency in written and spoken English essential and excellent IT skills
• Experience working in a youthful, multicultural environment including welfare provision
• Risk mitigation, response and management
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Thursday 17th June, 2021.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters. First round interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 25th June 2021.
Only successful candidates will be notified. Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.