- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Programme Manager - Sphere 1
Jobs at:Democratic Governance Facility (DGF)
Deadline of this Job:
12 June 2020
Date Posted: Friday, May 22, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Background of the DGF:
The Democratic Governance Facility (DGF) is a multi-donor funding mechanism aimed at strengthening governance, promoting and protecting human rights, enhancing access to justice, and improving accountability in Uganda by working with state and non-state institutions at national, regional and district levels throughout the country. It is funded by Austria, Denmark, European Union, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. Read more about DGF here: www.dgf.ug
Job Title: Programme Manager - Sphere 1:
Democratic Processes that strengthen: : Citizens-State relationships
Duty Station: Democratic Governance Facility
Management Unit (FMU) in Kampala
Main purpose of the job:
To strengthen the impact of our work through effective and results-based programme management.
We are looking for a competent programme manager that can add value to the areas of interventions that guide the work of our implementing partners.
The position will support State and Non-State actors working on promotion and strengthening of democratic processes that strengthen Citizens - State relationships in Uganda.
The incumbent will contribute to improving government accountability & responsiveness to citizens, including in electoral processes; diversification of political engagement; representation and recognition of women and youth in leading political positions and as election candidates; and participatory decision-making. The position is line managed by the Deputy Programme & Learning Manager within the FMU structure detailed on the DGF website. .
• Provide a contextual analysis of national and international key developments regarding democratic processes that strengthen citizen-state relationships and to recommend best practices and interventions to be adopted by DGF and its partners
• Critically review and process project proposals and funding requests in a collaborative manner;
• Ensure Partners compliance with the DGF partner financial and programme guidelines;
• Monitor and evaluate partners' project implementation with respect to achieving impact and provide technical and strategic guidance and quality assurance to implementation of the projects
• Review partners programme and financial reports and provide guidance for effective project implementation.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• An advanced university degree (master level from a recognised university) in a relevant subject (public administration, political Science, social science, development studies or related area).
• Minimum of five years' experience progressively working in a project management role for government state institutions, civil society organisations or international organisations. • Experience in the role of overseeing or managing grants to partners is required
• Experience in the area of democratic governance, with demonstrated background and technical expertise in the following areas; Political accountability; Government responsiveness (at local and central level); Partnership and engagement with government institutions;
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Acontact details of three (3) work related referees to; email@example.com Please clearly indicate the job title in the email subject line.
Please do not attach academic documents. Address your applications to; The Head of Facility, Democratic Governance Facility, P. O. Box 8772, Kampala - Uganda. Closing date: Thursday, 4th June 2020
FOR FULL DETAILS ON THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE ABOVE POSITION,
KINDLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE " www.dgf.ug " under "OPPORTUNITIES." While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. DGF is an equal opportunity employer.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.