Jobs at:Forum for Women in Democracy(FOWODE)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women's non governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE birthed and launched SPEAK FM in 2012. The Radio is a non-partisan community radio based in Gulu whose aim is to reach thousands of people in the greater Acholi and Lango sub-region, empowering then to champion issues of gender equality, democracy, civic education, participation and livelihoods through excellent broad cast for better choices.
SPEAK FM Radio wishes to add to her team in Gulu, competent, results driven, dynamic and selfdriven individuals and is seeking applications to fill the vacant posts.
Reports to: Station Manager
Develop, implement, and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in preparation of the radio stations program schedules
Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Develop a comprehensive station Programming plan that delivers on the Stations mandate, to inform, entertain, educate, and generate revenue.
2. Review completed program logs for accuracy and conformance with the rules and regulations and resolve program log inaccuracies.
3. Coordinate with the Manager and other heads of department and production staff to resolve any matters relating to production and casting problems, budget, policies, and news.
4. Coordinate program schedules between News Editing and Reporting.
5. Develop promotions for current programs and specials
6. Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in broadcast news, sports or programming.
7. Establish work schedules and assign work to staff members.
8. Evaluate news and existing programming for suitability and to access the need for changes using information such as audience surveys and feedback.
9. Monitor and review programming in order to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to and performances are of adequate quality.
10. Monitor network transmissions for additions concerning clarity program schedules program content, special feed and program content.
11. Plan and schedule programming and event coverage based on broadcast length time availability and other factors such as community needs ratings, date and listener demographics
12. Operate and maintain on air and production audio equipment.
• Attention to detail
• Technical programming capability
• Problem sensitivity
• Speed and Agility
• Bachelor's degree in Communication and media related field of study.
• At least 2-3 years' experience in radio or TV programming is a must.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2-3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
It is desirable that candidates know both Luo and English. However, lack of knowledge of Luo will not be a determinant for suitable candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and curriculum vitae to the following link on the FOWODE website. Suitably qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent not later than 20" November 2020 at 5.00pm. Please do not attach your academic documents.
We do appreciate your interest to work with SPEAK FM. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.