Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting To: Project Officer
Years of Experience: 2+ years
Travel Required: 85% .
Reporting to the Project Officer, Raising The Village (RTV) Project Assistant works to implement RTV methodologies throughout the implementation and transition phase of a partner village and cluster. RTV’s work focuses on improving household livelihoods, bringing people out of extreme poverty with a focus on key initiatives centering around agriculture, livestock, water and sanitation, health, Financial Literacy Trainings and Village Savings and Loans, etc. They work in collaboration with various stakeholders, including government officials and community members to improve household incomes.
A Project Assistant’s role is as follows:
• Develop, manage and implement workplans;
• Monitor project expenditures and budgets;
• Develop and submit list of required goods and services for project implementation to the procurement and logistics officer;
• Conduct project design review meetings with respective partner villages and provide feedback as required to update project designs and budgets prior to implementation;
• Coordinate and co-facilitate training activities including but not limited to financial literacy and behavior and mindset change, water and health sanitation, village savings and loans associations, agriculture, livestock care and management and health outreaches, etc.
• Responsible to implement RTV’s project methodologies with the purpose of increasing household income and reducing extreme poverty as per project designs;
• Responsible to verify goods/inputs prior to distribution;
• Conduct project follow-up and provide support and guidance to community groups and individual households to ensure project compliance and continuation;
• Identify potential risks and issues and provide mitigation measures and recommendations for improvements;
• Conduct regular meetings with leadership and community members on performance, participation, and perceptions of RTV based projects;
Reporting and Administration
• Complete administrative reporting on a weekly basis and provide support with information sharing for donor reporting and proposal writing as might be required;
• Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings as well as cluster team meetings to highlight issues and success and outline next steps;
• Complete weekly financial request, submissions and accountabilities to the District Lead;
• Take photographs and share for data repository;
• Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Support the Planning and Evaluation team in data collection, reporting and analysis;
• Providing feedback and recommendations to the District Lead, and the implementation team to improve RTV’s way of work;
• Provide suggestions to management on potential activities that need to be redone, reviewed or introduced to ensure sustainability of RTV projects, methodologies and improvement in the lives of community members.
Note: Other requirements as might be required by their direct supervisor and/or management.
Requirements and Experience
Technical and Administrative Skills
• Organizes workload effectively while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines;
• Accurately completes multiple tasks while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
• Strong training &facilitation skills;
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written English;
• Fluent in local languages where RTV works;
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite;
• Project management at a village level experience;
• Experience working at community levels and to support their development;
• Understanding of Community Based Development Principles
• Energetic and physically able to hike on high terrain, ability to travel 85% of time;
• Able to work independently to accomplish tasks, but also as part of a team to achieve mutual goals and objectives;
• Able to think outside of the box to provide plausible solutions to issues and challenges;
• Strong work ethic, flexible, and able to build relationships with various stakeholders most notably colleagues, and community members.
• Education, Qualification and Experience
• Bachelors degree in social science, social work, humanities, community development, project management or related field of study
Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please follow this link for the application procedure: https://forms.gle/LVTssyYoLqiRUTfB9
The deadline for applying for this job is 17th September 2020 at 5:00PM EAT.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.