- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Project Manager – WASH
Deadline of this Job:
09 March 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
GOAL is currently seeking to hire a competent person to join our Uganda team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then you are the one we are looking for!
Project Manager - WASH
About the Role
GOAL Uganda is therefore seeking a highly qualified and motivated Project Manager to join our team and to lead the implementation of the Irish WaterShare project. They will also contribute towards the boarder water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programme, exploring options to support sustainable operations and maintenance of rural water. Reporting to the Deputy Programme Director (DPD) -WASH, the PM will be responsible for day to day management of Watershare project which entails planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and effective communications of key project outputs and decisions. The position will coordinate with Ministry of Water and Environment, district local government officials and the bigger GU WASH team. They will additionally lead project development and planning for subsequent phases of the project. The PM is housed within the larger WASH Programme and contributes towards strategy development and implementation of the boarder WASH programme .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure effective implementation of GOAL Uganda’s WaterShare project in Namayingo District including establishing and promoting an appropriate operation and maintenance (O&M model) for sustained water access
• Ensure the project is executed in line with approved project proposals, budgets and within agreed time frames
• Perform hydrogeological and topographical analysis with support of hydrogeologists from MWE and Water Share
• Manage project budgets and proactively review/monitor financial transaction as per the Authorisation Matrix and delegation protocols
• Lead the development of project reports and ensure reports are (internal and external) delivered on time and of good quality
• Ensure project/programme procurement and contracting processes are managed effectively and in line with GOAL policy
• Where applicable manage partners, including external consultants, contractors, ensuring successful completion of contracts/MOUs and providing support where necessary
• Ensure compliance to all GOAL, Donor and Government of Uganda policies, procedures and guidelines that relate to the implementation of WASH programme
Project/programme strategic development
• Lead planning and development of subsequent phases of the project
• Contribute towards development of GOAL Uganda’s WASH programme strategic development
• Remain up to date with changes and innovation in National water systems and support team’s continuous learning
• Develop and promote appropriate O&M model for rural water systems in Namayingo and Bugiri
External representation and coordination
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with National Government, District Local Government and Communities soliciting their participation in all activities where appropriate.
• Responsible for all engagement with Ministry and District stakeholders including communicating key project outputs
• Participate in assigned national WASH coordination meetings and events including engagement in discussion of key government strategies
• Ensure close collaboration and sharing of information with other district and national government
• Build and sustain relationships with internal GOAL stakeholders, key to the programme and draw on them for support, advice and programme advancement
Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
• Ensure project deliverables and targets are on track using the project results framework and in consultation with GOAL Uganda’s DPD MEAL
• Participate in project/programme review meetings
• Support GOAL’s knowledge development and management by capturing, storing and disseminating lessons learned from project implementation as well as ensuring data utilization for improved programme quality.
• Suggest and share innovations based on the lessons learnt
Capacity building and team management
• Manage the project field team that will be constituted to deliver the project
• Build team’s capacity through couching, mentoring and trainings
• Build capacity for sustainable operation and maintenance in line with the sustainability building blocks.
• Monitor and advise on project/field district team level staffing and resource needs and support recruitment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• University degree in Civil Engineering, Water resources engineering, Geology or related discipline.
• Minimum of five years actual project management experience with strong focus on WASH programme designs, project planning, execution and coordination including implementing Water projects in partnership with National and District local Government
• Experience in drafting water engineering designs and performing hydrogeological and topographical data analysis
• Demonstrable knowledge of the O&M issues of rural water supply
• Demonstrable knowledge of groundwater dynamics including performing test pumping and Groundwater survey
• Good advocacy, networking and influencing skills while ensuring effective working relationship in a multi-cultural environment
• Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach teams in water technical skills
• Ability to write clear and well-analysed assessments and project reports
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven financial management skills
• Strong computer literacy with full knowledge of office applications, GIS software and aptitude to learn to use new software
• Experience of preparing successful funding proposals
• Adaptive management skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors
Job Education: University degree
Job Experience: Five years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title for the position applied for in the subject line by 9th March 2020. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.