Project Manager - Library (Re-Advertised)
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Manager - Library (Re-Advertised)
Job Category: Program
Duty Station: Nakivale, UG
Employment Type: Contract
Salary Scale: Not Specified
Deadline: Jan 17, 2021 11:00 PM
Number of Positions: 1
Age Limit: Not Specified
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Project Manager - Library will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Nakivale Community Library Network (NCLN) project programming phase interventions in Nakivale and Oruchinga Refugee settlements. He or she will work with stakeholders for NCLN project to ensure project plans are effectively implemented, monitored and progress reports shared. The incumbent will be able to implement independent activities which are in harmony both with the aim of the project and Alight Operation in terms of community and youth engagement. .
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervise current ongoing constructions and technical works related to the library project.
• Lead in the updating of NCLN project charter, strategy, roles and sustainability planning.
• Collaborate with the organizing/management committee, community and experts for identifying and creating appropriate operation for the main library and the branches (according to the community).
• Engage with the constructors on the ground: supervision, guidance, management and follow up with the construction plans;
• Working hand in hand with Alight Operations Department to conduct general follow up with the contracts with companies contracted to implement or supply goods and services for the project;
• Engage with the community and stakeholders to following up with ideas and needs related to the project (library branches and good practices in constructions/utilization); • Promote the library project both in the interaction with the communities, other stakeholders and Implementing Partners (IPs);
• Facilitate access to information and resources related to the library project by close collaboration with other staff both responsible for the project or general Nakivale /Uganda program.
• Engagement and support of other activities related to the project when necessary (EX: workshops; trainings; awareness campaigns);
• Coordinate/facilitate activities/workshops which promote environmental care, sustainable development and possible income generating activities with the communities and youth groups;
• Provide regular updates and fulfill other duties assigned by the supervisor and/or Grants Coordinator;
• Prepare brief weekly, monthly project progress or other relevant reports and submit to the supervisor and/or Grants Coordinator.
• Document and share project best practices and lessons learned during implementation including action research, case studies and documentaries.
• Effectively provide supervision and enhance capacity of project staff and partners to implement project interventions to expected standards.
• To ensure relevant project information is collected and feeds into existing national and district information management systems.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Degree in Community Psychology, Library and Information Management, Adult and Community Education, Community health, Social sciences, development studies, gender studies or related field.
• At least 5 years’ experience in development work with a bias in community psychology, Adult and Community Education, child protection, information management.
• Experience in project planning and management of development projects/programs
• Strong understanding of child protection systems, community based child protection, psychosocial care and support, are added advantages
• Self-motivated with excellent leadership and time management skills.
• Excellent report writing, communication and analytical skills.
• The person must be able to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds
• Strong computer skills.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.